Chapter Four: Hope for Me In the World

Hey guys I actually uploaded earlier than expected! It must be because I'm getting pretty good feedback and progress in the story. Huge thanks to all my fans

**********************************************************************************

Oh, this is how it starts

Lightning strikes the heart
It goes off like a gun

Brighter than the sun
Oh, we could be the stars

Falling from the sky
Shining how we want, brighter than the sun

-Brighter than the Sun by Colbie Caillat

“I’m bored!!” Screams Emily from in-between Matt and me. 

Matt awkwardly coughs and looks at me, then gestures to follow him.

“I’m kinda busy” I mouth to him. Disappointment flashes within his eyes, but it is gone as fast as it came. I take hold of Emily’s hand and tell her, “How about we get ready and go out to do something?”

She eagerly nods and runs to her room.

            Once we are in there, she goes into her closet and picks out her outfit for the day. When she is done picking, she asks for my approval. I smile and say that it is a lovely choice. Her face lights up with pride and happiness.

            I watch as she struggles to get into her jean, dark denim shorts. Then, she proceeds to put on her pink flowered tank top.  After that, she grabs her pink flowered sandals and is all done. Now she puts her hands on her hip, and pretends to think hardly. Suddenly having an amazing enlightment she runs over to her jewelry drawer and pulls out the silver necklace that used to belong to mom.

            After helping her comb her hair and brush her teeth, we walk out of the room and into the living room. Matt is sitting there watching a football game.

“Matty? Can you take care of Emily while I go and change?” I ask.

            He looks over to my direction, smiles and nods. Emily runs and dives into the couch, right next to where Matt is sitting. Her carefully done hair-do is now ruined.

            Shaking my head, I make my way over to my room. Making sure that the two devils aren’t playing tricks on me again, I check the closet, under the bed, and all the other places were two people could be hiding. Finally being satisfied that nobody was in the room except for me, I make my way over to my closet. I stand there for a while deciding what to wear. It was pretty sunny so I decided to go on a summer look. I take out a white ruffled tank top, and dark denim shorts. Then I proceed to pull out a thin, braided, leather belt and matching flip-flops. I comb my hair and apply a tad of makeup. Just the usual lipgloss and mascara. Once I feel like I’m all set, I walk out of my room and out to the living room. Nobody is there. I instantly panic. Where was Emily? Where was Matt? In all my frantic, I didn’t notice the piece of white paper on the sofa.

            It took me a while to see it, but I finally did.

We went to the park. I hope you don’t mind… You could join us if you wanted to, but you don’t have to. We will be back in approximately and hour or so. Be ready with the necklace, we have to exchange it for money.

Xoxo, Matt

That was all the note read. I decided to join them, but first I got my purse, and carefully tucked Olivia’s necklace inside. I then, walked out of my apartment, making sure I locked the doors and raced my invisible partner down the stairs all the way to the parking lot.