Prologue: The Last Moment of Peace

Hey guys! This is my first story on Wattpad, so please enjoy and comment. Comments must be supportive feedback or just nice comments, no mean ones please! Also don't advertise stories here, it's just rude -_-... If you know what I mean. You can private message me your stories though! I would be more than glad to read them I hope you like it so here goes nothing:

*******************************************************************************************************

 Lord make me a rainbow, I'll shine down on my mother

She'll know I'm safe with you when she stands under my colors

Oh, and life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no

Ain't even gray but she buries her baby

-If I Die Young by The Band Perry

Bringggggg

Stupid devilish machines. I quickly hit the snooze button on my alarm clock and get up from bed. Just as I'm putting my bunny slippers on, my family bursts into my room. They look like a bunch of clowns, my mom is wearing a pink leotard with a green wig and my dad is wearing the same exact thing. My little sister is in her footie pj's with a big fluffy top hat that says Happy Birthday. I laugh and my mother smiles and does one of her famous countdowns, "A one, A two, A one two three four".Then they all start singing; "Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Courtney, Happy Birthday to you". I go around and hug my parents. Suddenly, our dog Nick walks in and I fought the urge to go and take a picture. On his back he has 3 boxes of presents, one big, one medium, and one tiny. 

"Go on Court, open them up! I hope you like them", Mom says.

"I bet I will!" I say as I sit down on the carpet of my room and reach for the big present.

I carefully take of the striped wrapping paper and bow, inside I find a gorgeous dress with matching heels that I have been wanting for a whole year. I never got it because it was extremely expensive, and my family couldn't afford it.  The dress has a sweetheart neckline, goes down to my knees , and is made of sequins and feathers. It has sequins on the whole breast part and then it fluffs out into thin cream colored feathers until the end. 

"Oh my god! Mom, dad you shouldn't have! This is too expensive I can't take it" I exclaim.

"Honey, we wanted to give you this as a reward for being an amazing daughter and student. You bring happiness into our lives everyday and this is our way of repaying you" My dad says.

I felt tears in my eyes, could my life get any more perfect? I don't think so. I felt as if I was on Cloud 9. I had everything and everyone I wanted with me. I carefully scooped the second gift out of Nick's back. 

"I hope this gift isn't as expensive as the previous one... You guys are making me feel horrible here for being such a waste of money" I said in a serious tone, and I meant it all.

"Don't be silly baby" my mom said in her cheerful tone. She was always so cheerful, I wish I could be like her. She is also extremely beautiful! She has blonde hair, hazel eyes, and a petite figure. I got my hair from her but I got my tall figure and blue eyes from my dad. 

I unwrap the second present and scream. Inside is a brand new macbook pro, packaged in it's box. By now I can't fight the tears anymore and start crying. Not of sadness but of happiness. My parents know how many problems I have with the home computer and how it crashes on me all the time, preventing me from writing. Writing is one of my passions, it helps me express my thoughts in a way that is unimaginable. I also enjoy singing , I don't know which of my two passions I would choosse if I had to choose one and only one.