Chapter Five: Are You Married or Not?

Hey guys! Long time no see, I know most of you probably want to chuck Crabby Patties at me right now for having to wait a year for this update. I was having some pretty tough times but now my life is going smooth so I'm back for good :) Hehe that rhymed. ANYWAYS ENJOY THE CHAPTER OR ELSE I'LL UNLEASH MY SLOTH ARMY UPON YALL. kay bye.

*****************************************************************************

It's a beautiful night

We're looking for something dumb to do

Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you

-Marry You by Bruno Mars

*****************************************************************************

Chapter Five

"Sir, I swear to God! I am not married to her." the idiot says glancing at me, " I mean just look at her? Do you think that someone like me would be married to someone like her?"

"Honey there's no need to lie to the cop here! Why else would I have your car if I wasn't your wife?" I say, trying to shoot daggers to the back of his head. How the hell am I going to get out of this one? 

"You two, just make up your minds! Are you married or are you not? If you are, then I'll just give you one ticket. If you aren't, then this little lady here gets to spend the night at jail with nothing but a ticket waiting for her as she leaves." 

"Can I have a word with my husband please?" I say, smiling sweetly. I swallow back the vomit as I say the word husband. 

"Taking the fact I've already been here for an hour, a few minutes to let you two settle your status wouldn't hurt" the cop says. 

I walk over to where Blake is and pull him aside. "For the mercy of God Blake, take pity on me."

*****************************************************************************

12 Hours Earlier

It's been a week since Matt and I sold the necklace. A week since my life kissed despair's sorry butt goodbye. Matt and I decided to split the 20,000 evenly, 10,000 each. It's not much, but it's more than Emily and I have ever had. With the 10,000 dollars I have managed to refurnish our small apartment and get Emily some of the clothes and toys she's always wanted, while still leaving a little bit of money for emergencies. Life is as good as it could get, and I couldn't be happier.

"Courtney, Courtney, Courtney! It's already 9 in the morning, get up! I have a birthday party to attend." Em shrieks, "We need to get presents, and balloons, and a card, and maybe some cupcakes, and and and so much stuff!" 

My heart warms at the sight, today is the first day Emily and I will spend apart after the big accident. It's honestly a bit scary, but just seeing how excited she is to go to this birthday/sleepover makes all my worries disappear. I smile and push the covers off of me, "Let's get this day started Em!" 

I spend the rest of the morning making breakfast, getting ready, and running from store to store with Emily until she finds the perfect birthday present for her friend Ashley. Once she's sure that 'this is the one' we pay for it, and head to the car. Emily attempts to persuade me to buy balloons, cards, and cupcakes for her friend but I tell her that that might be a little bit too much. She reluctantly lets the idea go but shows her frustration by slumping in her seat until we get to her friend's house. Once we're there her posture magically fixes itself and she jumps out of the car.

"Hey!" I call after her while getting out of the car, "Where's my big hug?"

She turns around, grins, and runs back to me. "Love you Courtney, see you tomorrow morning", she says while engulfing me in one of her famous 'bear hugs'