"The drink's fine, I just don't want to be here. Can I leave now?"

"No, you can't leave." She said after taking a sip of the strawberry milkshake.

"I can't stand being here."

"Is it because of Lauren?"

I frowned, looking at her again. Why the hell did Iglesias think that it was because of Lauren? I shook my head as I walked to the other side of the house.

"Don't make that face, I know you, Cabello."

"What are you talking about?"

"You're jealous over Lauren."

"What? No!" I said quickly, preventing her from continuing to speak.

"Camila..."

Vero walked around me as I headed for the exit. I didn't even pay her attention, just kept walking towards the garden, which luckily was empty. Veronica sped up, leaving her glass on a vase in the corner of the living room, until reaching me again.

"Can you stop with this nonsense? I bet you're already drunk, let me see." I said as I tried to smell her breath.

Iglesias let an amused laugh leave her mouth. I knew that she wasn't drunk, she was far from it. If there was someone prepared to drink, that someone was called Veronica Iglesias.

"Shut up! You know I'm not drunk." She continued walking, now holding my hand. "Come, let's talk."

I was dragged across the lawn by the girl to a corner where there were some seats and decorative objects. Ethan's mother seemed to like decking the garden. Once I settled into one of the wooden chairs that looked more like a small couch, Iglesias sat beside me.

"Come on, out with it."

"Out with what?" I played stupid.

"You can't be that stupid, Cabello." She let out with a tedious expression. "Tell me about Lauren, and your feelings for her."

"I don't know what you're talking about, seriously." I looked away from her accusative gaze, seeing the faint movement of people inside the house.

"Are you in love with her?"

I turned towards her, with my eyes wide in pure surprise. An excited smile rested on her mouth, accompanied by a cocky look, as if she was absolutely sure of the answer.

"Jesus, where did you get that from?" I asked incredulously.

"I got it from your look, Camila. I've known you for so long. I know that you have no problem with your sexuality, never treated it like rocket science. And don't even tell me that you prefer boys, we've exchanged a lot of kisses to believe in such a lie."

"We were kids, Vero." I retorted impatiently, nervously. "And I've always dated boys."

"Fucking hell, you've kisses feminine mouths and you liked it." She said and laughed. "It was my mouth, how could you not?! But anyways, do you like her?"

I turned my body aside, sitting properly on that kind of couch. I didn't want to look Veronica in the eyes, I didn't want to have to talk about Lauren, or even about my possible feelings for her. Things were too confused, to the point of driving me crazy.

"You know you can trust me, don't you?"

I took a deep breath, feeling that cold in my belly consume me; my hands tingled in sheer nervousness. I felt like I was having the same conversation I had with Sinuhe years ago. I remember exactly her kind gaze, and her motherly affection after the talk, when the older woman spoke about the true meaning of love. My parents had a broad and liberal view on sexuality, from a very young age I was instructed that family could be formed in many ways, with people of the opposite sex or the same, separated or together. However, it wasn't my sexuality that was messing with my head, but the person I felt attracted to.