epilogue

|Ann| •mother•

I stare at myself in the mirror. Andrea had helped me pick a black dress and fixed my hair.

I looked like a mourning mother. I had prevented any sleep, so it seemed that i had bags under my eyes and restless crying throughout the last three nights since Jane had died.

Kate had been noticeably quiet and I knew she felt it was her fault that Jane was now dead.

In her child-like mind, she thought her sister had stabbed herself. Everyone did.

I was lucky to make it look like she had stabbed herself, and not someone else.

Gabriel and Adam had tried very hard to not mention Jane at all. They thought I was clueless of the past and that I was mourning over the daughter I couldn't remember.

I had cried that night, as Adam hugged me, saying over and over that it was my second chance to get to know my oldest daughter.

I had tried my hardest to convince them that I was heartbroken for the girl that had took away everything from me.

It was only the right thing to do. It was right to kill the monster that had tormented me every single day for years. I was the victim not her.

"Are you ready, mom?" I hear.

I turn away from the mirror and see Adam. He was gripping the doorknob and I could see he was wearing a fancy black suit and tie. Audery was beside him, wearing a black dress. I nod.

"Lets get this over with." He mumbles.

Kate was already placed in the back of our new SUV that we got from sympathetic people who donated money in the last three days.

"I'm sorry for your loss" was all i heard in the last three days.

As we approach the church, I could see the many cars and the casket going through the entrance. This would be the first time I see Jane's worthless body since she had died in the floor in the kitchen.

We take our seats in a pew. I watch as the church fills with people. Kate was beside me, holding my hand. I barely listened to the words people said and eventually Adam motioned me to move so we could go to the cemetery.

I watched as they said their speech and as they lowered the casket into the ground. There was one word that came to my mind: closure.

Adam guided me back to the SUV and then we get stopped.

"Hey, I am a private investigator and I am here to investigate Jane's death."

I freeze in my place. I smile politely.

"Nice to meet you." Adam says.

"I have a few questions to ask you.

When could we meet?" He asks.

Adam hesitates.

"Maybe Tuesday?" he says.

I could feel my heart beating quickly. That was in three days.

I could hear the bars of prison now. I tried to hold myself together. I took a breath.

"I appreciate this but there isn't anything to investigate." Gabriel says.

I look over him. He was such an angel.

"Well, actually we collected data and pictures of the crime scene and injury and- im sorry this isnt polite to discuss this on the day of her funeral. Tuesday, alright? God Bless." He says.

I watch as he makes his way to a black tinted window car. He disappears inside it, as Adam helps me in the SUV.

I now had a problem. I would do everything in my power not to get caught. I didn't do anything wrong. I am the victim not her.

Jane. Jane. Jane. Why are you dead but yet still haunting me?

[END]

authors note: this is the end of Jane!!! (and yes there is a huge possibility in the future that there WILL be a SEQUEL!!!) but sadly to say, i am taking a break from Jane's world and work on my other books. thank you for all your support! i appreciate it soo soo much!