Chapter 9

The week that Eren and Levi spent with Carla was an eventful one, Eren spent most of the time painting and decorating. While Levi was dragged about baby stores buying things for the baby, they even had a chance to go to an ultra-scan at Hanji's which was hectic because Carla and Hanji ended up fangirling most of the time, it was a very entertaining thing to watch at the time.

But Carla soon left after that leaving Eren and Levi alone again. Levi had started to already show, his use to be flat stomach had started to swell at the signs of a child growing inside of him, Levi was a nervous wreck at the sheer thought of becoming a parent but he had Eren to help him through the whole thing.

Eren on the other hand was always up for cuddling with the raven haired male, Levi had become a lot more affectionate meaning he wanted constant attention from his boyfriend, also due to the fact that Levi and Eren had to sleep in the living room until their bedroom was finished Levi practically never left the couch, apart from needing to eat or use the bathroom, Eren found it cute but slightly concerned at there might be something wrong with the neko but in his luck Hanji had assured him that some nekos reacted differently when it came to a pregnancy than others, however that didn't stop Eren from worrying.

The baby shopping was all done online due to the fact Levi didn't want to leave the couch, Levi said it was because it smelled of his lover but Eren knew it was because neko's nest when they're pregnant.

"Kitten what would you like for dinner?" Eren asked form the kitchen, it was pretty late considering the fact that they were just starting on dinner. "Something salty." Levi muttered as he scrolled through Eren's laptop looking for a new bed for them. Levi wanted new furniture and Eren being the loving boyfriend he was he let Levi pick whatever he wanted.

"No, wait, something spicy." He said and sat up on the couch watching Eren silently.

And that's how they spent most of their time leading up to 3 months into the pregnancy when something happened that broke both males' hearts.

It was the middle of the night and like usual the couple were cuddling asleep; this was a normal thing for them with Eren holding his neko close to his chest and Levi quietly purring. But suddenly Levi felt a sharp pain in his abdomen, he sat up and gripped his stomach whimpering in pain, he shook Eren slightly trying to wake up the brunet.

"What is it kitten?" Eren asked in a raspy voice from just waking up, he sat up as well rubbing his eyes until he heard Levi whimpering in pain and his eyes shot wide open. He quickly got out of bed switching on the lights and rushing to the neko.

"Baby? What's wrong?" He asked, there was panic evident in his voice, Levi whimpered more as the pain got more intense. Eren took the covers off Levi and gasped at the sight, there was a pool of blood around Levi.

Eren instantly called 911 pacing as he looked at the neko. 'This is not happening, this can't be happening!' Eren thought to himself as he spoke on the phone to get Levi an ambulance. Levi was clutching his stomach in pain silently crying as the pain increased.

After about 5 minutes an ambulance arrived and took Eren and Levi to the hospital, Eren instantly called Hanji even if she was at the hospital, she was always informed about things to do with nekos so she was probably at the hospital waiting.

"Hello?" Hanji's voice came through the phone. "Hanji please tell me you're at the hospital, there's something wrong with Levi!" Eren cried into the phone as he watched his love whimper in pain in the bed in the ambulance.

"Oh, my god! I should have guessed it was to do with Levi! Yeah I'm here I'm waiting for the ambulance to arrive what's happening?" She panicked, Hanji was close to both males so her panic towards the situation was normal.

"Levi woke me up because he was in pain and when I took off the blankets off him there was a pool of blood so I instantly called the ambulance, Hanji will him and the baby be okay?" Eren asked as tears streamed down his face, this was not happening, he was only dreaming.

Hanji didn't have the chance to reply as they arrived at the hospital and Levi was rushed to the emergency room along with Hanji leaving a very worried Eren in the waiting room. He was pacing and tears where falling freely from his eyes, people looked at him sympathetically, but he couldn't care less, his baby was in pain and he wasn't there to hold him.

~Time skip~

About 2 hours of waiting later Hanji walked into the waiting room with a grim look on her face, Eren instantly ran to her and held her by the shoulders.

"Is he okay? Is the baby okay?" He asked, his tears had stopped about an hour ago hour he was still a wreck.

"He's asking for you come on and I'll tell you both." Hanji said quietly leading Eren to Levi's room, Levi was sitting on the bed looking at the wall, he looked paler than normal and his eyes looked dead.

"Hanji what's going on?" Eren asked as he pulled Levi into a hug. "I'm so sorry Eren, but Levi had a miscarriage..." Hanji cried out hugging herself. Eren froze stunned at the information, Levi what...

"Y-Y-You're lying..." Eren said as he pulled the now sobbing neko closer. "I'm so sorry Eren!" Hanji cried and left the room as Erwin came to collect her. Eren let out a sob and pulled his neko closer. His poor little Levi and his unborn child, Eren and Levi were both heart broken.