chapter 10 - meeting John Myers

I sit down on a cafe at D.C. while enjoying a cup of coffee on a table by the window. I remember I used to have the last 8 years before leaving the agency, I used to go here before work and grab two cup of coffee for me and Lucas. And until one day, I walked out this cafe and I was stalked by a man in suit who apparently shot me and I've got in a coma and since, I never again go to this cafe, until today. 

I looked at the view of the window and I saw a man standing on the other side of the street, wearing a black sunglasses and a leather jacket, looking towards my direction and slowly he smile a little towards me and quickly I realize who is him.

"Miss?" Suddenly a waiter came to me and I look at him.

"Yes?" I said.

"A man two table across you order this for you." He said and he put a plate of cheesecake, and I look on each side of the cafe and saw someone familiar, but no one I saw suspicious. 

As I look to the window again, to the other side of the street, the man gone. I suddenly I have a feeling someone two table across me right on my left is looking at me. I turn my head around towards my left, and saw a middle aged-man taking a sip of his tea.

And then the waiter who came here before, walk towards me. "Excuse me who order this?" I asked confused about the bagel.

"Oh the man right there." He pointed over the man I turned my head to before, and he just stood up from his table and walk away. 

"Any reason why?" I asked confused.

"There's a man name John Myers looking for you Miss Rutherford." He said and I look at him confused.

"John Myers? Where?" I asked confused.

"Here." Suddenly the man shows up, the man I saw across the street wearing a black sunglasses, standing front my table smiling as the waiter left us both. 

"John Myers." I said shocked.

"Kate Rutherford," He slowly take off his sunglasses and smile. "Hi, Sherlock." He said and suddenly I feel so happy and relief looking at him after 2 years and called me Sherlock.

"Hi, Watson." I said and he pull the chair and sit down. 

"How is life beyond the coast?" he asked and I smirk.

"Well, I found the life I've been looking for." I said and he smirk back.

"You do change, Lucy." He said and slowly his hand hold my hand that clenching. 

"You looked the same Luke." I said smiling and then I take my hand away from his hand and suddenly I feel uncomfortable.

"Did Donovan told you?" he asked and I nod. "You know I want to apologize before we start this." He said and I look down. 

"For what?" I quickly look back at him. 

"I let you go two years ago, I shouldn't have, I should have understood you more." He said and I try to hold my tears.

"Lucas, I wasn't here to hear you apology, but I'm here to work, to see the truth that is hidden." I said and he look down slowly. 

"Okay, I understand." He said and I try to not look at him.

"We better go, I need finish a few things before we start." I said and we both stand up from the chair and left the table, alongside the untouched cheesecake from the mysterious middle-aged man. Who is he?

––––