Chapter 5 - 8 years later

8 years passed, and we've solved around 738 cases for the last 8 years. Everyday without no stopping to find the truth, we always find the truth and justice to bring for the world to know.

5 weeks ago I just came home after having dinner alone celebrating my 8 years here without everyone realizing it's been 8 years I'm here. And then I went to sleep around 11:00pm and then somehow I went to a deep sleep and didn't even realize of there someone in my house until around 5:30am I woke up and I saw Lucas standing front the closed door on the darker corner and another half of his body was standing on the lights from the street.

"What are you doing here?" I asked confused and turn the small lights on and I saw his forehead was bleeding and quickly I jumped off the bed and walked towards him. "What happen to you?" I asked worried and then I hold his shoulder and we walked towards the bed.

"There was mens," I looked at him shocked and we sat on the bed. "Two mens on my apartment around twelve am while I was on my car about to go inside but instead I stayed and followed them. And it lead me to you." He said and then I looked down worried.

"God! How can they'd be here?!" I said with my angry tone and stand up from my bed and went outside my room.

"Lucy!" Lucas walked after me as I found my house was all messy. Oh my God..."They was looking for something." He said and I turned at him that standing behind me.

"What?" I asked and he looked down slowly somehow he's been hiding something. "What is it Lucas?" I shouted and finally he looked at me.

"A tape." He said and I become even more confused.

"A freaking tape? Why it have to do with me?" I said with my angry tone and he looked away from me and I keep looking at him. "Fox Lucas answer me!" I shouted at him.

"It's a government secret I took a long time ago before you exist!" He shouted and then it stopped me. Everything just stopped and he looked at me.

"After all this time Lucas?" I said with my soft anger tone and I looked away from him and walked towards the couch full of papers of my writing there and sit down there.

"Lucy," he walked towards me and tried to grabbed my hand, but I pushed his hand and tried to get away from him. "Let me—"

"Explain what!" I shouted and quickly jumped off the couch. "Why you never told me Lucas? Why? I'm your partner! I sacrificed my life for you and the agency! Don't you know today is my eight years working with you and the agency?" I said and he looked down with his guilty face and looked up again at me.

"Jane listen," he quickly hold both my arms. "I will do what ever you want me to do, but you need to help me." He said as he looked at me with his green eyes somehow trying to convincing to trust him.

"Lucas..." suddenly he leaned his head towards me and slowly his lips touched mine and he wrapped his arms around me for 5 second, then slowly I pushed him and looked at him in the eyes. "How can I trust you?" I asked.

"Because I promise I never let anybody hurt you, and I'm willing to do anything to guarantee you're save." He said and slowly I smiled and then I put my hand to his cheek and slowly I kissed him again.

5 weeks later...

I just grabbed coffee and headed to my car that parked on the side of the street of the coffee shop, suddenly I saw from the street corner a man in suit was standing looking at me for a moment and then a car passed, he was gone. I did have suspicious, but I was late for work so I hurried up and headed to the office right away. 

As the red light turned on, I stopped, and then I waited for 5 second suddenly a man standing beside the front passenger door beside me and slowly he walked towards the front window and pulled his gun out and quickly before I even realize, he shot me twice straight to my chest and then quickly my head collapse to the steering wheel and cause the noice of the car horn until the man left and a man helped me out there and I passed out. 

After that I don't remember what happen next but waking up in the hospital and saw a very bright lights coming towards the window and then a person shows up, the lights was too exposing and then slowly he came towards me and then I saw Lucas, "Hey." he smiled and I smiled back at him.

"Luke." I said and then he stand next to me.

"How you doing?" he asked and he grabbed my hand.

"Fine, I guess. How long I've been here?" I asked looking at him. 

"3 days, you've been in a coma cause you lose too many bloods," suddenly tears fell from his eyes and I just looked at him and feel the pain he had for me and slowly he lean his body towards me and then wrapped his arms around my neck. "I thought I lose you." He said crying and I sighed. 

"I'm fine Lucas, I'm here," I said and he pulled his body away from me and give me a smile. "Mens are looking for me and I'm no longer save in my position right now, but I trust you that you will never let someone hurt me." I smiled and slowly he lean towards me and we kissed. The kiss that makes me more convincing of trusting him and loving him. 

After another 3 days in the hospital, I decided to get to work 1 week earlier and when I got there, I saw our office was a mess. And there was Lucas standing on the middle of the room looking around the office and then stopped right in front me and he was bleeding and quickly I run towards him and then hold his arms, "What happen Lucas?" I asked and he gazed at me. 

"They... They were here, thorn things apart." He said and then he walked away from me towards the shelfs of the files we kept for 7 years. "We almost there Lucy, but we fail." I walked close to him and hold his shoulders. 

"No we didn't fail, we tried, but this is just the beginning." I said and suddenly I heard a footstep on the door and we turned around and saw Donovan standing there looking around and take a step to the room. 

"Agents," he looked at both of us with his teary eyes and sighed. "This organization had grown into more danger than I expected. Sadly to tell this to both of us but... I'm stopping the X Project." He said and we both shocked and then I looked down trying to hold my tears and then Lucas quickly the room and left me and Donovan standing looking at each other.

"Seems everything is worthless." I said frowning and he walked towards me quickly. 

"It never was worthless," he smiled a bit. "I should have told you a long time ago, the reason why I hired you because I knew you the person who I can trust to work with him and to convince him that what he believe is real. And I want to thank you for it." He said and I slowly smiled in tears.

"Agent Donovan I..." quickly I flung my arms around him and hugged him. "Thank you for 8 years. I'm sorry if I disappoint you sometimes, but thank you for believing in me."

"It isn't over." He whispered on my ears and left me speechless.

After the teary and speechless moments, I went to find Lucas at the place I knew he'd be there. The park where the first time we opened to each other about our life. He was sitting on the exact spot looking at the sunset, I walked towards him and stand beside the bench. 

"Is this seat taken?" I asked and he turned his head towards me and I smiled. "Hi." I said and he smiled slowly and then I sit on the empty seat next to him and looked at the sunset.

"I'm sorry I left, I just can't looked at everything we built together and all of sudden it just over." He said and he gazed at me.

"Looking back, I never realized I needed you more now than before."  I gazed back at him. 

"We'll see what next give us," He said and we smiled at each other and he slowly hold my hand and then I moved a little bit closer to him and put my head on his shoulder and take a deep sighed. "The truth is still out there Lucy, I know it and I'm gonna prove it."