chapter 9 - 18 hours later

present time,

18 hours ago, I was sent a box with a post-it inside it telling me to go to Wollman Rink. And apparently I met the unexpected guy I never realize I would saw him again. Now, I'm sitting on a dark room in a house in the middle of a corn field. And there's was not only Donovan, while I sat on a couch on the living room, he seems talking to a guy on the kitchen, a minute later he walk back here holding a file on his hand, with a guy follow behind him.

"Jane," Donovan looked at me. "I know it's been a long time, not very long, but I want you to know that–"

I've been through a lot Don, just say it and so we finish this thing up." I cuts him before he finish his words and he gaze at the guy behind me and look back at me. 

"After you left, all the black government organization started making up rumors and then burn all the files down. And now what we have left a key." He said and I shocked my head.

"A key? What key?" I asked and he hand me the file he's holding.

"See it for yourself." He said and I take the file from his hand and then open it. 

It's about an organization named, The Mask. It was created since the fall of a big mysterious object from the sky in 1930. But The Mark was the kind organization who worked alone, but fill of high level government who have the authority to tell the president when to blast of a nuclear or maybe arrange a world meeting and also that can kill the president and betray this country. The Mask always been classified and unknown who's the government behind it. The different from Blackish organization was that the Blackish was middle level government who can't do more than The Mask do, but they have the same purpose, to keep the lies alive, and the truth hidden. 

I put the file down and then take a deep breath, "Does Lucas knew about all of this?" I said looking at him.

"W haven't be able to reach him." Donovan said and I take even deeper breath and stand up from the couch.

"Donovan... I finally had the life I had planned all this time and now you came out from nowhere needing my help?!" I said with my high rise voice at him. 

"Jane, I know, but I have no choice but bring the X Project back, bring you back and Lucas." He said and I try to hold my tears.

"I wish you had know what I've been through before, but I can't join the X project," I said and Donovan look down for a moment and look back up again at me. "I need to go back." I take a deep breath and tears slowly fall from eyes.

"Fine," he looked at the guy standing behind him. "Take her back to New York." He said and then the guy nod and walked out the house and then I start walking away from his towards the door.

"You know, the truth about yourself is still out there," He said and it stopped me standing front the door holding the door handle. "You've been blind since the moment just realize you lost your parents a long time ago without a make sense explanation why." I turn my head towards him.

"How do you know if it out there?" I asked and he walk towards me. 

"Because if you don't come back and save the truth, it will be burn down." He said and then I look away, I try to think of it, what if I join again, I would have known the truth my uncle Tony didn't tell me. But if I don't, I'm free from all but I will never know the truth about myself and my parents.

"Is Lucas still alive?" I suddenly asked that question and he walk even closer to me.

"I don't know, if you know where he is, we can locate him." he said and I nod slowly. 

"I need to see him before deciding." I said and walk out the house. 

––