Chapter 7 - the unexpected

The next day, 2rd of December, as I got to the teacher room, I saw 3 bouquet of flowers sitting on my desk and the others teachers looked at me smiling. "Kate who's your secret admire?" Millie, the headmaster asked and I smirk while walking towards my desk and it was edelweiss flowers, my favorite flower.

"I don't know, I haven't been on a date for a long time." I said and then I look on every holes on the flower, and then I saw a card slip there. I take the card out and there was something written there. Je suis désolé, that's mean I'm sorry in French. I wonder who, it's impossible if it Richard Bowman a guy who settle with his girl-friend rather catch a girl that he asked dinner with. 

"Miss Rutherford?" I turned around and saw a guy holding another four bouquets of flowers. 

"Yes?" I said and walk towards the guy standing front the door.

"More for you." he said and then he walk in to the office and towards my desk and put it again on my desk until it fill entire de

"I think that enough," I shocked my head. "Who send this?" I asked to the guy and he look a bit confused.

"A man, but he doesn't give me any identification of his." He said smiling.

"Thank you." I said and he left the teacher room and I look back at my desk and it bring flashback a few years ago... 

Me and Lucas just had a big fight for over 3 days straight I didn't go to work, until Donovan asked me to come back and so I did. I walked in to the office and saw 3 bouquet of edelweiss on my desk and the edelweiss still fresh and there's no one here. Suddenly Lucas opened the door and saw me standing on my desk.

"Jane." he looked at me shocked and I looked at him.

"Fox." I said looking at him coldly and he walked towards his desk without looking at me and sit down.

"Donovan call you?" he said and I walked towards my chair and sit down.

"Yes, he said I can't keep not going to work for three days or he fire me," I said looking at him while he seems doesn't want to talk to me or look at me. "Luke do you know who send this flowers?" I asked and he looked at me.

"I just got here." He said and I nodded slowly.

"Okay, thanks." I give him a little smile and he looked away as I hold the bouquet and saw a card was hiding there. As I pulled the card out, there was something written there. Aimer, ce n'est pas se regarder l'un l'autre, c'est regarder ensemble dans la même direction. – Antoine de St-Exupéry. It's a French poem, it means, Love doesn't mean gazing at each other, but looking, together, in the same direction.

"Is there someone coming here while I'm not?" I asked Lucas and he stand up from his chair and looked towards me.

"Why? The flowers?" he said and I nodded. "As I remember, nope. Only me." he give a little smile and walked towards me. 

"There's this card, a poem." I said handing him the card and he took it and read it and suddenly he smirked. "What?" I looked confused at him.

"Do you really believe in your secret admire?" he looked at me smirking and I rolled my eyes. "I mean, I'm just asking if he real, or some middle aged man." he said and I punched his shoulder softly and he mocked his moaned in pain.

"Stop it Lucas, but he is very lovely." I said and he smiled widely.

"Well you call me Lucas now." he said and I looked at him with my big wide shocked eyes and he hand me back the card.

"Lucas tell me..."

"Nope. I'm just glad you're back, Lucky." he said smiling and I smiled back.

"Well thank you Luke, I will ask other agents of they saw a man walking to this room, probably I can say something to him." I said as I walked towards the door.

"Peut-être il est de autour d'ici?" Suddenly he says those words and it stopped me in front the door and turned my head towards and he winked. But he never confess to me if he send those flowers or maybe he saw the person who send it to me. But seeing the flowers sitting on my desk makes me missing him even more than before.

As I finished teaching and takes all my things, I went to my car parked from the school street. As I put the flowers inside, suddenly a man appeared, Richard in front of me

"Mister Bowman." I shocked and he smile.

"Kate, hello." he said.

"You know last night was lovely." I said faked my smiled and he smirk as I close the car door.

"Kate, I know isn't lovely at all, I know I should ha–"

"Run after me last night?" I smirked and he look away. "It was a waste of time Richard." I said and then I take a step to my left because he cross beam me to my driver seat door and as I open the door, he grab my hand that holding the door handle.

"Kate can we try again?" he said and I turn my head towards him.

"Listen, I'm not a toy you can play with, I have a heart, I have love to love someone, and now I can't accept you anymore." I said as tears fall down from my eyes and he let my hand go. 

"I'm sorry Kate." He said and I look away from him and I pull the door open and quickly goes inside and shut the door. 

It's 6:30pm, and I'm watching tv right now eating almost 3 cups of ice cream that I brought before I got home and I put the flowers on a vase that sitting on the table across on the living room with pictures of me, my uncle, and Lucas framed beside the vase.

Knock... Knock... Suddenly a knocked was heard, I wasn't expecting someone. Not my uncle who's is San Francisco this morning, or Richard who I declined, or someone I never excepted. I stand up from my couch and put my cup of ice cream in the table front the couch and slowly I walk towards the door and it knock again. 

As I reached front the door, I open the door slowly, and then I saw no one but a medium size box was sitting outside. I wonder who and what inside. So I took the box and close the door immediately. I walked back to the couch and sit down with the box on my lap. I wonder what is this. 

I unbox the box slowly... and suddenly I saw a piece of post-it written, Central Park, Wollman Rink. This mean I need to see that person there, and now if he just left it there. So I took my black coat on and then I locked the house and I left off to Central Park.

As I got there and parked a car near the Wollman Rink area, I sit down on a bench alone watching teenagers skies in the rink and then I look around, I see no one I recognize or someone familiar. 

"Miss." suddenly I heard a voice on my right, while I was looking to my left. As I turn my head around, 10 years ago I met him...

"Donovan." I said looking at him so cold and he slowly smile and then he sit down next to me and he look at the Rink.

"Ten years passed." he gaze at me and I take a deep sigh.

"And two years had gone." I said and he smirk. "What are you doing here?" I asked and look at him.

"I took a one hour thirty minutes flight from DC, there's something I need to talk to you about." He said and I shock my head a bit 

"What is it?" I asked and he take a deep sigh.

"Not here." He said standing up from the bench and then I follow him and he stopped on a bench that is hidden by the dark shadow of the trees in the park and we sit there. 

"What is this all about?" I asked.

"X project." he said and then I shock my head. I never expected this. 

––––