Chapter 26 - Part 2

Chapter 26 – Part 2

Even as nervous as I was, being next to him relaxed me.  That man could always calm me down for some reason that I still didn't quite understand.

“So...what’s going on with you?” I asked him, remembering how he was acting when Joey and I got here.

“What do you mean?” Blake asked, still so close I could kiss him without moving much.

“When I got here, you looked pissed off or irritated...how come?” I asked.

“It doesn't matter, it's...stupid.”

I didn’t move nor did I respond.  I was waiting for him to continue.  When he noticed I was still waiting he pulled back from me and took a deep breath.

I sat up and got comfortable on the couch because I knew we were going to be here awhile.

“Are you...” He started to ask and passed his fingers through his short hair.  It was obvious he didn’t want to ask but he needed to know and I couldn’t help, I had no idea what was going on in that head of his.

“No lies?” He asked me and I nodded in agreement.  “Are you angry with me?” He asked.

I looked at him and I was confused, “No, should I be?” I asked in return.

“Not that I know of...” He answered.  “It’s just... you’re pulling back from me again except instead of walking out the door like you used to, it’s...mentally.  You’re always in your head so I figured it could be two thing, you’re either angry or...”

“Or...?” I asked, starting to get nervous.  I had to admit, I was very much lost in my thoughts, feeling and fears but...was I that transparent?

“Are you seeing or are you with someone else?” He finally asked his question that was on his mind.

I looked at his face and he was completely serious.  How could even think that?!  That was the farthest thought that was in my head.

“You really think I would do that?” I asked him.

“I don’t...  No, I don't think you would...it’s just... You’re acting different and I can’t figure out why.  We both know you’re not much of a talker, certainly when if comes to how you feel so... Are you?” He asked again.