Chapter 12 (Maddie)

"Ok guys! What chapter are we going to do? We all read it so take your votes." Liana facilitated the meeting. We were getting ready to practice our report, well skit. "How about, the basketball game?" Robby suggest. "That too shallow man. Let do their first meeting." Kyle suggested.

"You both aren't helping." Liana rolled her eyes. "Maddie do you have any suggestions?" Uhhh me??? Well I guess I am part of the group... Makes sense. "Uhh... Well... I like the prom scene." I said shyly. "Ewww. Prom." Robby said. "I think Maddie has a good scene." Liana defends.

"Yeah! It shows a whole different kind of prom. It's both the typical prom. And it seems fun to act out." Kyle added. That was exactly why I loved the chapter. Well the whole book is so different yet so relatable in an odd way. Who knew Kyle analyzed books like that. It's sweet.

"I'm in doing the prom scene." Liana put her hand in the middle. "Yeah... Me too." I slowly placed my hand on top of hers. "Me too. Common Rob, it won't be that bad." Kyle nudged him. "Common Rob, you can let your dance moves shine. And you can be my date." Liana convinced. "Lia, isn't it mandatory that we're dates? And fine. I'm in." Robby gave up.

"Mandatory?!? So when you ask me to the actual prom it won't be really asking? We're automatically going?" Liana scolded. This looks bad... Good luck Robby... "No, no. I didn't mean it like that. I meant–" "So how did you mean it?" Liana challenged. "This happens a lot, I hope they're not scaring you." Kyle whispered in my ear.

I looked at him and nodded. I wasn't scared, it was actually... Amusing. Oh Maddie that's mean. I know. But I can't help it. Nice. Now I'm talking to my self. While I talked to myself, Robby and Liana were still fighting.

"Ok that's enough. Robby say your sorry and you'll watch what you say next time. Liana we both know you know Robby didn't mean it like that. Promise when prom comes for real you guys would have the best night." Kyle said pushing the two to hug. They made up and we went back to discussing our project.

"Ok back to the project. Now we have the chapter. Who's going to play who?" Liana asked. "Maddie can be Stargirl. Since Maddie's new she hasn't gotten the chance to be lead." Robby suggested. "Oh that would look so cute!" Liana gushed. My cheeks started to burn. "Kyle can be the guy who danced with her." Liana added.

"Sure. But let's not pressure Maddie into anything. She can choose what she wants to be." Kyle said softly. "Uhh... I guess I'm fine with that..." I didn't want to sound disrespectful or uncool so I went along with it. At the same time, I just put my self in an awkward situation... "We can even include the whole class in the bunny hop!" Robby shouted out of nowhere. It wasn't a bad idea though.

We began to plan how our skit was going to go. Tomorrow Liana will lend me some clothes to choose from for the skit itself. We started searching up dance tutorials to learn. Robby learned it first then he taught us.

"Ok step your right foot. Then the left. Now cross then turn." Robby instructed. "Ok from the top. 5, 6, 7, 8." We tried following the steps but I just couldn't get it. I began to get frustrated so I went to the kitchen to get some water. And tried to calm down.

"You ok Madds?" Kyle asked getting his own bottle of water from the fridge. "Yeah, I just can't get the dance moves. All of you get it, why can't I?" I slumped down on the chair. Kyle hugged me and I was confused. "Listen, you're doing great. Stargirl isn't perfect. She dances whichever way she wants to. So you can do the same."

"Just be yourself, have fun and don't think about it too much ok?" Kyle added. He hugged me one last time then went back out to the backyard where Liana and Robby were. Ok let's do this. Hopefully the right way this time.

I followed Kyle's advice and it worked. I may not have gotten the moves but I looked the part of Stargirl. In some way I even felt like her. "That was great guys! We have progress!" Liana cheered. "So let's just continues to practice the dances. I'll send the dresses over later for you Maddie. Just text me which one you like." She added.

"Ok great practice. Bye guys!" Robby picked his things up and walked out with Liana. We waved right before they left the house. "So what now?" Kyle asked. I raised my shoulders up and down in a I don't know kind of way. "You want to go over the steps again?" He asked. "Sure." Hurray for more practice. Yay to awkwardness. I said in my head.

~

Kyle and I were in the middle of dancing, we looked each other in the eye and smiled. I could feel the tension surrounding us. It wasn't bad tension, it was good. We were playing random music and began dancing awkwardly. For some reason we ended up just staring at each other... "KYLE!!! MADDIE!!! YOU FORGOT TO PICK ME UP!!!" Lucas shouted angrily. Kyle's eyes grew bigger and he ran to Lucas.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I totally forgot. We had a project and it slipped my mind. How'd you get home?" Kyle asked picking him up. "I picked him up." A grumpy Tyler answered. This isn't good. "I'm so sorry Tyler. I didn't mean to forget Luke." Kyle apologizes again. "It's fine." Tyler said and went straight up the stairs.

"Kyle I'm hungry, what's for dinner?" Luke asked. "Uh let's see what's in the fridge. Watch some TV first while I cook something. Mom's going to be home late today she has a meeting. Where Hayden?" Kyle went to the kitchen and looked for food. I stayed with Luke and watched TV with him.

"Hayden... I don't know. He didn't ride home with me." Lucas said. "Maddie can you try to call him up. Here use my phone." Kyle handed me his phone and I tried to ring Hayden. No answer. I tried to ring again, and again, the result didn't change. Something was wrong... where could he be? I followed Kyle into the kitchen and returned his phone. "He's not answering... I've called thrice. Could he be over at a friends house?" I asked worried.

"I guess he could. I'll text mom and dad to let them know. Could you watch this, while I try to call his friends house?" I took over cooking whatever this was... All I was doing is stirring. I don't know how to cook so... Oh well?

Kyle came back ruffling his hair. "He's not in any of his friends house... But they saw him at school. And left with a group of guys..." He looked so lost, not know where Hayden can be, I don't blame him. "Ok, well I know it's bad timing to bring this up, but I can't cook..." Kyle took over without a word. He look as if he was an investigator trying to solve a case. "Can you tell Tyler.

I walked up to Tyler's room, I slowly lifted my fist to knock on his door. He opened it with a scowl on his face. "Uhhh..." come one Maddie say what you need to... "What do you want?" Tyler stared at me flatly. "Uhh... Hayden is missing... he hasn't come home from school and he's not with any of his friends. Kyle just told me to let you know..."

Worry was seen in Tyler's eyes but he was trying his hardest to hide it. When we got down Tyler went inside the kitchen and I stayed out with Luke. My foot was bouncing, I couldn't stop my worry. "Tyler and I are going to look for him. Maddie stay here with Luke there's pasta on the stove for dinner." The two ran out before we could say anything back.

"Maddie will Hayden be found?" Like looked up on me. "Don't worry, they'll find him. Come let's eat." I gave him a hug before I set everything up for him to eat. I barely ate anything, my stomach felt weird. Light rain could be heard from the window.

We moved back to the living room and the rain was getting stronger. Lightning and thunder began to strike, my stomach was churning, all this stress and the weather giving me anxiety. Nothing was comforting, my head started pounding, like someone was drumming on it. I covered my ears and scream to make it stop. I couldn't hear anything else but pounding, I couldn't see anything else but black, until I lost all my senses.

~

Next chapter will be in Alexa's POV. More drama to come 😉 Hope you enjoyed this chapter!