Chapter 10 (Maddie)

Up... Down... Up... Down... why is my head moving? Pillows don't move... I opened one eye, then the other followed... Why am I on Kyle's chest... Okay... this... is... yet again, embarrassing. Why does this keep happening? I slowly removed his hand from my waist and sat up.

Why'd he stay the night? I'm. Wake him up later. I got up and went to the bathroom to shower and changed my clothes. I don't know what happened to me yesterday. All I remember is I fainted. No surprise there, it's been happening a lot...

I got out of the bathroom and Kyle was gone... Why do I feel disappointed? I shouldn't be feeling like that. I shook my head and got star girl from the book shelf. I need to read it for our report.

I just finished the third chapter when someone knocked on the door. "Come in." I said. Kyle came up carrying a tray of food. I was surprised. Why would he do that? "Well I though I'll bring you some food cause you didn't go down yet. A-and you haven't eaten anything since yesterday afternoon." He smiled shyly.

Kyle? Shy? Since when? Why would he do this... Oh he probably has bad news... He's probably trying to make me feel better. My stomach started to churn. Oh this is bad...

"Maddie are you ok?" Kyle placed the food down on the bed in front of me. Then sat beside me waiting for me to answer. "Uhh... yeah..." "Are you still shaken by your dream?" Dream? What dream? "You don't remember?" He must have seen my puzzled face.

"Well you didn't tell me your dream, but you woke up in the middle of the night scared. And since I was already in your room taking care of you. I stayed the night to make sure you'll be ok."

"You didn't have to. This as well," I pointed to the food. "You didn't have to bring this up for me. I was going down." I felt like I've been taking too much of his time. He should have to do this. "No it's all ok. I wanted to. I want to make sure you ok and well fed." He smiled. I smiled back.

Why is my stomach acting up again? I must be hungry... I looked away from Kyle and ate the food he brought. I offered him some food but realized there was only one pair of utensils. Kyle took the spoon and fork from me put some food on it and ate it. Then he took another bite of food and placed it in front of my face.

I looked at him, questioning what he was doing. "Food supposed to go in your mouth Maddie. Don't just stare at it. Now Aaaa" I opened my mouth and took the bite. I chewed and observed what Kyle was doing next... He did the same ate a bite, then fed me one. Why is he doing this? I'm not a baby...

"Maddie is there something wrong?" Kyle put the utensils down and scooted closer to be. "No, nothing's wrong. Can I ask you something?" I looked at him. "Sure." He nodded. "Why are you doing all this for me? Don't you have your own life to get to?" I smiled a bit. "To be honest with you, I'm not so sure. But I like taking care of you." I blushed. "You've become like a little sister to me. Someone I have to look after." He added. Then he continued to eat.

Why didn't I feel good? I mean I asked why. And he told me. Oh Maddie did you expect something? You're so stupid. "Madds, Aaaa." I took another bite of the food. I picked the juice up and took a sip. I was full. I leaned back on the bed got star girl again and continued to read. "Oh Kyle! Thanks for taking care of me." I called right before he left the room. He smiled and went out.

Could I be having a crush on him? But I barely know the guy. And he said I was like a little sister. If I didn't know better that sounds worst than being friend zoned. Never mind. I'll just go back to reading. And that's what I did until lunch.

~

It was a lazy afternoon for everyone. We were all in the backyard sitting down and doing whatever. The little boys were playing. The older ones we're talking. Vanessa and Zack were napping. I was reading. And Tyler was missing. I haven't seen him since well since I saw him in his room yesterday.

"Mom, Dad..." the two boys shook their parents awake. "Can we swim?" They said. "Uhh... Nessa, what do you think?" Zack asked. "Uhh sure. Go ahead and change into your suits. Oh ask your brothers if they want to swim too. Maddie would you like to join them?" Vanessa asked. "Uh no, it's ok. I'm good." I smiled at her.

The boys ran to their brothers, then all of them ran back into the house. Vanessa and Zack were back sleeping and I went back to reading. After awhile, I could hear the boys foot steps get louder and louder. Then pool water began splashing. One. Two. Three. Four. Only four? Last time I check there were five boys.

I looked up and Kyle's was hovering above me. "Swim with us." He said. "It's ok. I don't feel like it." I told him, and went back to reading. I looked up and Kyle was still there and he was pouting... "Oh please! Come on Madds. It'll be fun." I shook my head no and read again. "I'm going to tickle you ok? Until you agree to swim." Kyle warned.

I Looked up right when his fingers touched my sides. "K-ky-le! S-st-top! Pl-pl-ea-ssse!" He didn't stop. I was laughing and laughing. It was hard to breath. "O-ok! O-ok! I-I! I-I g-give! U-up! Igiveup!!!" I was breathing so deeply. "Ok now you agreed. Go upstairs and change." I got up put the book down on the chair, and walked in.

I changed to my swim suit. And went back down. Kyle was waiting for me at the edge of the pool. Right before I walked down the steps to the pool, someone grabbed my waist. Carried mine around the pool to the other side. Then threw me in. I let out a scream that was then muffled by the water.

I stood up and looked outside the pool, it was Dylan who thew me in. I tugged one his leg and he leaned down smirking. I smiled back and pulled his arm into the pool beside me. We were all laughing.

Kyle swam towards me and whispered in my ear. "Told you it would be fun." I giggled and smiled at home. "CHICKEN FIGHT!!!" Stephen called and carried Hayden. Dylan picked up Lucas. And Kyle put me on his shoulders. The six of us pushed each other. We all fell but we all got back up again. This went of for a good 15 minutes.

Then we played other pool games. Pool volleyball, Marco Polo, tag. The guys did stunts and jumped into the pool in different ways. And it was just so fun. I don't think I've ever laughed this hard or smiled this much since I woke up.

After another hour Vanessa brought the two younger boys to take a bath already. A little after Stephen and Dylan followed them. It was only Kyle and I now. "Kyle can I ask something personal?" "Sure."

"I'm just curious and you don't need to answer. But why is Tyler so quiet. And he's usually alone..." There was silence for awhile. "Well, ok. We recently moved here, and we all didn't like it. Because we had to give everything up in our old town. Tyler, took it the worst. He had a serious girlfriend there and when he told her that he was moving, she dumped him just like that."

We were silent again. "He was devastated. After that ever since we moved he changed. He was always alone. He didn't talk to us that much. We were all so close before. But now Tyler is separated." Kyle looked so sad. I've never seen him open up like this. "I'm sorry I asked. It's ok. I'm sure things can go back to the way it was."

"Thanks for listening Madds." Kyle hugged me. I hugged him back and we stayed like that for awhile. It was comforting. Even though wee were in a pool. I think both us just needed a hug. And just someone to be there. "Maddie," Kyle pulled away. We stared at each other. He looked down at my lip, I did the same... we were slowly leaning in. "We should go back inside now." I said in a rush. "Yeah, dinner will be ready soon. Let's go."

~

Next chapter will be in Alexa's POV. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.