Chapter 4 (Maddie)

I was at breakfast with everyone. No one was talking, this couldn't have been any more awkward. Tyler was the first one to break the silence to excuse himself to leave. Tomorrow school starts for the guys. Vanessa said if I wanted to, I could join them. I don't really have anything to do here at home so I might as well.

"Stop the silence please. Talk about something, help Maddie get to know you guys more." Vanessa said standing up with Zach and leaving to wash the dishes.

There were a few more second of silence. Even Lucas was silent, he's probably still sleepy. Hayden got up and left the room, Lucas followed. That left me with Stephen, Dylan and Kyle.

"Ok fine I'll break the silence. So Maddie what do you want to do today? I guess the three of us can take you out and maybe show you around?" Stephen suggested. "Yeah we could show you the was to school and the near by shops and restaurants from there." Kyle added.

That doesn't sound bad. And maybe I could get close to Kyle so I at least have a friend in school. "Sure that sounds good. When do you guys want to leave. I don't have anything else to do." I gave them a small smile.

"How about in ten minutes, is that enough time for you to get ready?" Dylan checked his watch. "We could also have lunch out while we're at it." I nodded my head and headed back to my room.

I took a quick shower and quickly got dressed into some denim shorts and a plain white tee. I put my hair up into a ponytail and slipped on my brown sandals. I grabbed the handbag Vanessa lent me and the phone she gave, and headed out the door.

Stephen and Dylan were already standing by the front door on their phones. We waited another five minutes before Kyle appeared and we left.

"So Maddie on your right is the supermarket. Mom goes there once a week. Then to your left now is the park. Lucas loves going there after school." Dylan was showing me the places they would usually go while we were on our way to the mall.

In the mall the guys showed me the cinemas, food court, and shops I might want to visit. From the time I spent with them I got that Stephen and Dylan were in the same college. Dylan is a basketball player, while Stephen is a football player.

Kyle is obviously in my grade and he doesn't do sports instead he's part of the school band. He's also quite the nerd.

So after all the walking Stephen and Dylan left to buy somethings for their dorm, while Kyle and I took a break and went to Starbucks.

"Are you ready for school tomorrow Maddie? You know I'm going to call you Mads, Maddie is too long." Alright then. "Uhh I'm nervous I mean I don't really know anyone. And I don't know how I'll present myself. Ah–" I shook my head and stopped talking. I'm sure Kyle doesn't want me to rant to him.

"It's ok continue whatever you were saying. You know they say I'm a good listener." Kyle gave my hand a squeeze and I continued. "It's just that I don't even know my self and all this is so new to me. It's obvious that I don't belong. And I just don't want it to be seen in school. I don't want other to talk about me that way." My eyes started tearing but I held it in.

"Mads it's ok. You're still adjusting. Promise we won't let anyone in school know. And you'll be with me the whole time. Mom called the school so we have the same schedule." Kyle gave me a reassuring smile. I smiled back, thankful for the comfort.

At least I know that I can find comfort even in the dark. Why am I always sad? I should really get friends. But then again when I got to school if I don't want anyone to find out, I don't have to befriend anyone. I could just focus on my studies. Yeah that sounds good.

"What are you thinking about?" Kyle asked observing my face. "Just comprehending our conversation." I said stepping away a from my train of thoughts. "You're thinking too much relax ok? How about we go ice skating? As a distraction. I heard that because you need to focus on your balance in skating you don't have much room in your mind for anything else." Kyle stood up and put his hand out for me to take.

I looked at him weirdly... Who says that? Should I go? I mean I could use the distraction... I grabbed Kyle's hand and he lead us to the skating rink.

"Kyle! Hey!" A girl gave him a hug. "What's up man?" The guy with the girl said and they did one of those bro hug things. "Hey bro. I was just showing Maddie around. Speaking of, Maddie this is Liana and this is her boyfriend Robby. Guys this is Maddie. She's a... Uhh..." Kyle hesitated for awhile.

I started to get worried. What's he going to say? "She a family friend. Her parents are out of the country so she will be staying with us for a while."

I let out a sigh of relief and just gave them a sweet smile. "It's so nice too meet you Maddie! We are going to be such good friends! I don't really have much girl friends in our group." Liana linked her arm with mine and we continued walking towards the skating rink.

"Maddie, how do you like the city so far?" Robby asked. "It's great... Very beautiful places to go to and a lot of places to see..." I answered unsurely. The two guys went to buy us the skate tickets while Liana and I by the side.

"Hey are you and the guys watching the concert next weekend? Maddie you should totally go. I can get you an extra ticket. It's like the biggest event of the year." Liana explained that it's the concert to start the school year and most of the kids from school would be there.

"We'll have to see first. Come on let's get our skates." Kyle answered for me. So changed into the skates and as soon as we stepped on the ice my head started pounding. I couldn't hear anything, my eyes started to blur and I was loosing my balance.

I couldn't feel anything anymore. My whole body felt numb. My head started spinning until I fell. I tried to get up but my arms and legs wouldn't budge. Black spots started to form in my eyes until all I saw was darkness.

"Maddie?!? OMG!?! Are you ok?!"
"Someone help us."
"Hey are you ok?"
"Maddie what's going on?"
"We called the medic already."
"Is she alright?"
"What happened?"
"Did she bump her head?"

All I could hear was a mixed of echoed voices. It took a while for me to comprehend what they were saying. Then after a while there was a long pause of silence.

~

Footsteps woke me up. I slowly opened my eyes and I was in bed. And right in front of my face was Lucas and Hayden, looking as if they've been examining me, they were so focused they didn't notice I was awake. Vanessa, Zach, Kyle, Dylan, and Stephen were all pacing around room.

"Lucas, could you hand me some water please." I said in a raspy voice. Lucas looked up at me and got the water from my nightstand. Then he realized what just happened and tackled me in a hug. "Mom! Dad! She's awake." Lucas squealed. All their heads turned to me and they all some rushing by my side.

"Oh darling you got us so worried about you." Vanessa hugged me. "I don't understand... What happened?" I looked at them confused. "You fainted sweetie. Kyle told us you guys were supposed to be skating but when he looked back at you, you were already falling." Zach explained. "The doctor said you probably just had a really bad headache and couldn't take it." Vanessa added.

"Well my head doesn't hurt anymore. But I'm still so tired. Couldn't this be a side effect of my disorder?" I asked. "It is. But there are ways avoid it." Stephen answered. "You should get some more rest. Don't go to school first tomorrow." Vanessa tucked me back in and they all left. After a while I fell back asleep.

~

The ending isn't the best but I think I should leave it like that for now. I hope you guys enjoyed! Next chapter Alexa's POV. :)