Chapter 6 (Maddie)

I know I keep saying this but, sorry once again for a very delayed update. I hope everyone had a great holiday. Happy New Year! And enjoy the chapter!

~

It's been a two weeks since the skating accident and I'm going to school today... I don't think I'm ready... yeah I'll tell Vanessa I'll go next week... Sound like a plan.

Wait... here I go again. I said this last week... I can't chicken out again... Can I? I can't do this. I'm being crazy. Why am I even going to school? I don't know myself... How will I tell people about me... Great, now I won't have friends either... Yup not going to school.

"Maddie! Get out of the bathroom and come down already it's time for school!!!" Vanessa shouted from my room... I guess it's too late to back out now... Welcome my to my miserable life...

"I'm here..." I said stepping out of the bathroom...  "Aww you look wonderful Maddie. I didn't know you had such lovely taste." Vanessa pushed me to the mirror and began to fix my hair. "Ah... thanks..." I had on a blue and white stripped t-shirt with flannel on top. Then I had some dark jeans.

"Mom!!! Where's Maddie we're going to be late for school!!!" I think it was Kyle shouting from downstairs. "Oh! Right! School! She's coming! Have fun today Maddie." Vanessa sent me down to the car.

And now I really can't get out of this... I sat in the car and looked out the window. What's happening with my life? How could everything go wrong? Wait... how would I know... what if my life was already a mess... would I want to remember everything? But then how would I know?

"Maddie? Maddie? We're here." Oh right school... Kyle was waving a hand in my face. "Sorry... uh let's go? Thank you for the ride Stephen." I got out of the car and all I did was stare.

The school was huge, the building looked old but it had some character to it. The Main building right in front of me had a huge archway leading inside. "This is it." Kyle said. "Have fun on your first day Maddie!" Stephen said before pulling out of the driveway.

I took a deep breath in and out before following Kyle inside. "Are you ready for your first day? Isn't this exciting?" Kyle said walking ahead of me into the building. "Yeah... exciting..." We went into an office to get my schedule before heading to our first period, Literature...

"Good morning class today we are joined by a new student, Maddie would you like to introduce yourself? I'm Ms. Louie by the way." The teacher smiled at me expectantly. What do I say? I don't know what I like. Maddie isn't my real name. I can't do this.

Just when I was ready to pick up my things and run out Kyle got a hold of my hand and squeezed it. I looked down at him and he mouthed "go on" an gave a reassuring smile. I took a deep breath and began to introduce myself.

"Hi... I'm Maddie... I just moved here... and... I don't know what else to say..." I looked at Ms. Louie for help. "What do you like doing Maddie?" "Uh... I l-like... to read... yeah..." That was the worst introduction ever. I was horrible. I doubt anyone understood me.

"Well thank you Maddie. Ok now class we are going to do an activity. Last week we got to know each other and the history of each one with Literature. Today I want you to form groups of four and reenact a scene from a novel of your choice. Your skit should show the essence of the scene and after you must explain to us all why you chose this and some insights. This is going to be your main project for the semester."