Chapter 16 (Maddie)

For the past few weeks Kyle's always been by my side. I couldn't be more thankful to him and his family. I fainted a couple times here and there but nothing major. I would also get an occasional headache especially in school. Thankfully it's the weekend.

Everybody was busy today. Vanessa and Zach were at work, the older guys all had their own thing leaving me as a babysitter for Lucas and Hayden. The three of us are in the mall to kill time before one of the guys picked us up. The house was getting boring so the two little ones suggested we go out. Me, having nothing to do, just agreed.

"So boys what's our agenda today?" I ask them as we strolled around the mall. "Can we go to the arcade?" Hayden asked. "No! I want to go to the toys store." Lucas whines. "No we're going to the arcade. I'm older so I get to pick." Hayden argues. "I'm younger and Maddie likes me more so I get to pick!"

"Hold up! I'm the one in charge so I'm picking. We'll pass by the toys store first then go to the arcade ok?" Luke begins to skip to the toys store while I follow with a sluggish Hayden. "Don't feel so bad kid, you'll get to do the things you want in just a bit." I ruffled his hair and jogged after Luke who's getting way ahead of us.

Luke was inside the toys store already by the time I reached him. He went straight for the Lego pit and began to build. "Maddie!!! Can we please please watch this!!! They're the dopest dance crew today!!! Look! Look! Look!" Hayden shoves a flyer in my face. I take it from him and read the details.

"I guess we can check it out. But it'll be very crowded you have to promise not to let go of my hand. And I'll only agree if Lucas is alright going." Seems interesting... I've never watched a dance crew before. Might be fun. "Hey Luke look at this." Hayden began his negotiation. "I let you come here so can we go to this?" "Hmm... I'll think about it." Lucas went back to playing and Hayden began to ask again.

Eventually the boys agreed, Hayden owed Lucas ice cream and we were on our way to the center of the mall where the dance concert will be held. There were so many people crowding around. You could feel the instant heat change. With this I instantly felt a little anxious and dizzy. But not to worry, nothing I can't handle. I held on to Lucas and Hayden's hands and made sure to keep a tight grip on them.

Music filled the whole place. Where'd all the people go? Hayden, Lucas? My hips were moving to the beat. I felt warm.

"Woohoo!!!"

"Jump! Jump! Jump!"

"Everyone gather around and freestyle for us!"

"I'm going Maddie!"

"Hey! She said not to let go."

"Wait come back, I want to see!"

Flashes of red started to appear, like flames on a bonfire. The people were back but less. All with smiling faces.

"Excuse"

"Pardon me"

"Move!"

"Are you alright miss?"

Laughter filled my ears. Music softened. "Dance with me..." I felt a hand on my waist and we start to move around. I closed my eyes and leaned into the person until I can't hear the music anymore.