Cacodemonomania

Cacodemomania

[kak'ó-dé-mo-nó-mă'ni-á]

Noun.

1. The blackened claws wrapping around your wrist, biting into the soft flesh underneath. Your hair standing on end in the cool breeze, electrified. The soft breathing behind you as your heart rate picks up.

2. The heavy emptiness behind you when you turn around. The cold silence that doesn't understand what it means to be human. To be scared.

3. The dark tendrils of fear jerking you off your feet as you scream in terror and turn around. You don't know fear until you've known Paralysis.

4. The raging monster that rises up from the liquid screaming, roaring of devilish memories. The ones you'd hidden under your mattress, under the rug, behind the door. Truth is like a lion. If you let it out, it'll defend itself. Fear is like the Devil.

5. The short, piercing scream that rips from your throat before you're carried away. Fear takes hostages. And you are no exception.

6. Now you close your empty eyes and raise your hand above the howling monsters below you. Go. Dominate the ones who haven't yet learned to bite back. Terrorize the ones who haven't yet grown their own claws or learned to howl at the moon. Fight.

7. Your mother didn't raise you to fight demons. But maybe she should've taught you to fight against them. When fighting monsters, be careful not to become one.

8. The pathological belief that one is inhabited, or possessed, by an evil spirit or entity.

~October