Chapter 40

Jungkook's already sour smile left his face immediately when I just walked past him without a word. He looked hurt, I pretended not to look hurt. Jimin's face showed confusion but he could feel the tensed atmosphere.

Jungkook didn't say anything, he knew I didn't wish to see him. Especially in that state. Jimin trailed behind me. "Going already?" He asked, trying to get my attention. Maybe his friend was not present yet that he decided to be with me, who still could smell Jungkook's scent from the distance.

I simply hummed as a response to whatever Jimin the interviewer asked. My mind could not think straight, which usually happens to me when I study or in class. Assuming that Jimin was gone already to his friend, I turned to look.

And made eye contact with him.

-

The girl leaning on her locker casually sipped the blood from a white packet labeled with 'TOMATO JUICE', even though people know it's actually blood. But labelling it as 'ANIMAL BLOOD' couldn't be better anyway.

I forgot her name, was it Ah Ri? Something like that. Why would I think about her, her life does not matter to me.

Grabbing all the significant book I needed, which was the most less amount since it was Friday. 

You can go through this, Yijin. It's just one day and you'll get your weekend.

The girl was gone, maybe her name is really Ah Ri after all. My senior.

I followed all the students who were entering the class, I didn't make a lot of friends among my classmates. I mean, who wants to be friends with a vampire right? I have no doubt most of them are afraid of me. Scared of the possibility that I have the capability of hurting them if they upset me.

In another word, suck their blood until they die.

I settled down on my seat, ignoring the stares from the class... and Taehyung.

I gasped when I remember running away from him the other day when he told me that, and ended up smelling the sick odor in the infirmary. I felt crushed and furious.

He looked so regretful, his mouth kept opening and closing as if he was about to say something but failed. 

I suddenly forgot how to breathe when the face that I didn't want to see the most stepped inside the classroom.

Everyone turned their attention to Jungkook.

Ignoring all the stares and whispers, he paced towards his seat. His eyes viewed everywhere but me, that made my heart felt heavier than ever. I was dying inside. How could I survive the whole day sitting between the two of them.

Our history teacher, who was quite fierce, placed his books on his table and faced the class.

"Who haven't finished the work I gave you last week?" He voiced, tilting his head to get a better look at everyone.

On spur of moment, I got an idea. It's crappy but I had to do it in that situation.

I raised my hand, instantly getting attention from the teacher and my classmates. I mentally smiled when my eyesight saw Jungkook finally dared to glance at me. 

Taehyung frowned.

"The ones who didn't do my work, stand outside!" 

I grinned, my plan worked. To get out from this class, if I could, I want to get out of this whole world. Seeing the guys I'm stuck in between with in class was unbearable. When I leaned against the wall of the hallway outside the classroom, I closed my eyes. This felt better, I thought of skipping all the other classes. I'm such a genius.