Chapter 4

The whisper that woke me up was Jimin's. Wow, he's early. 

"Oh, Jimin!!!" I sat up straight, completely awake. He brought me into his embrace. Awwh how I miss him. 

"How are you my baby girl?" He asked, grinning from ear-to-ear.

"I miss you so much!" I said and hugged him. He pat my back. Three days is the longest duration he's separated from me so how could I not miss him. 

"Here," he said as he put a plastic bag on my lap. I untie the knot and look into it. There are five packets of animal blood and a sandwich.

Yes, vampires eat too but most of the human food we tasted are bad. So bad. I mouthed the word 'thank you' to Jimin.

"You can have three today and save two packets for tomorrow. Okay?"

I nodded and finished two packets right away, leaving the other three in the plastic bag and put it nicely on the study table.

"Yijin-ah."

"Mmhm?"

"Have you ironed your school uniform?"

"Uhh.. no.."

Jimin shook his head and asked me to do it right away, he nagged about how I should be more ready for school because it isn't easy. I took the iron board and put my shirt and skirt on it. I'm not that good in doing house chores but at least I do it. Omma is very good in cleaning and tidying things up that I got jealous sometimes. That's why I always hear the clink-clank of the dishes and the horrible sound of Jimin's grandfather's vacuum. I wished I could ask her to buy a new one since I can't stand it, but I won't risk meeting them to do so.

After ironing it, I hanged it in my wardrobe. The MyongSae High School uniform is really beautiful, the blazer is dark blue completed with a white shirt, and a short black skirt. Just looking at it made me excited. I looked at the time, it's already 8 p.m. 

I jumped on my bed and rolled. That's what happens when I can't control my excitement for tomorrow. After thirty minutes, I fell into dreamland.

-

Monday, 7.50 a.m.

It's kinda still early but now excitement turned to anxiety. This is not good, not at all...

I got up and took a hot bath in the shower.

                  8.10 a.m.    

I brushed my black hair and put  some aloe vera gel to make it shimmer under the sunlight. Looking in the mirror, suddenly I think I'm short.

                 8.15 a.m.

Drank a packet of blood so I feel way better.

                 8.25 a.m.

Jimin entered my room. In his hands are none other than the RPL.

"It's okay. It won't hurt much."

Screamed.

               8.30 a.m. 

Jimin locked the gate of the Parks' house. I'm using him as a shield, I'm not ready to see the Sun. I'm scared.

"I don't think I can do it.." My voice is at the end of letting tears flow.

Jimin held my hand tightly and pulled me out from hiding, I screamed... but did it anyway. I burst into tears of joy. I can't believe it, finally I met the Sun!

"Kaja Yijin-ah! (Let's go!) " Jimin cheered and dragged me with him. 

             8.48 a.m.

We're now standing in front of the school gate. Hand in hand. It's funny but it feels like we're the best siblings in the world. 

Suddenly, someone poked Jimin from behind, it turns out to be his friend. 

"Oo Jimin~ Got a girlfriend already?"

It was a pink-blonde haired guy he calls Jin. He is hot. That's undeniable.

And short, oops.

But I'm still shorter.

"Yah! She's my sister! Yijin-ah see you later okay?" He ran off to chase Jin before I could say anything. Is he being mean? I'm so timid right now. How can he leave a sixteen year old Red Angel who just saw the Sun and a lot of human around. 

It's more than easy to differentiate a vampire or a human. People can just see how pale I am, I need to put some beige coloured foundation to look more human. And they can see my fangs when I talk. It's not obvious when a vampire is talking but the length increases when a vampire is fighting. Me? I just have two on each of the upper gum and the lower gum. Jimin said my fangs are cute. I saw Jimin fight before, his fangs look so vicious that even I'm terrified.

I looked around in the hallways, searching for my class. Aigoo, where is it?! I walked too much my legs are worn out. Maybe I should look in hallway seven. 

I scanned all the signs. The fourth sign finally showed an arrow to hallway seven and it says on my right. I looked on my right but there's no hallway. Oh my god am I blind or what?

I walked further. Ahah! Hallway seven found yea. 

There are some students there, I feel so awkward and relieved at the same time. I looked for my locker, it's 19. I walked while scanning all the numbers on the lockers.

I walked faster, my locker is getting closer. 22... 21... 20... AHAH! 

 Suddenly, I hit something and fell on it. Turns out it's a human, my eyes widen. I didn't realize there's a guy standing in front of locker 20.

With my body still on top of his, I looked at his face. How can a human be so good-looking?!

On his nametag was written 'KIM TAEHYUNG'.