Chapter Three-Part 2

Start from the beginning

"That's a n!gga man," I said lookin back at them. His shirt was sayin it all:

I couldn't even make out what this dude had on. I didn't even try. I stopped at the shoes. I never judged homosexuals but the outfit was ugly. Period.

Joi ran out to meet them and she gave the girl a hug and once she was introduced to the dude, she gave him a hug too. Joi was friendly like that. She was so open-minded. I saw Joi pointin at the girls outfit and she turned around showin it off laughin. I couldn't lie whether or not the girl was ghetto, she was fine as hell.

"Damn Shawn, put yo tongue back in yo mouth. She probably young as hell."

"STFU," I said as they laughed at me. I turned around just as soon as Joi walked over with them. They walked right up to me of course. I wasn't surprised at all. I guess she wanted the gurl to feel comfortable.

"This is my baby cousin, Shawn."

"What's up," she said smilin showin off her dimple.

"And these is his friends. I don't need to introduce you to them cause they aint important and this..." she said grabbin her hand and pullin her to her friend. I blanked out on what she said cause I started starin at the girls back and butt. She had a tattoo of somethin on her back. I couldn't tell what it was and her butt was crazy.

They walked past us and Dro spoke again. "I hope that n!gga don't think he gone be hangin wit us."

"N!gga stfu! Don't nobody wanna hang witchu. Them damn crusty ass lips bout to crack and bleed. Lick them b!tches before u make me mad," Mike said makin us all laugh.

"Well I ain't mean to talk about ur girl man, I was just sayin."

I stared out into space for a minute thinkin about that girl. I hadn't even looked at another female lately but it was somethin about her that made me wanna stare at her. That sh!t sounds corny but it was true. When they started to smoke, I got up cause I didn't want that smell on my clothes and I didn't wanna inhale that sh!t. "Oh look at Miss Prissy Baby. He don't want to smell like smoke." Dro said lightin a blunt.

"Nah that n!gga finna go scoop ol' gurl. U ain't foolin nobody playa. Do yo thang. I would do the same thing, if I ain't have my baby mama watchin me right now." Mike said.

"Negro please. U'd still try and run game behind her back. When she ain't lookin I bet this n!gga leaves with some numbers," I said gettin up and walkin towards the house. He was right, I wanted to see more of the girl. I would play it off though and go to the guest to pretend to get somethin. When I walked past the kitchen, I heard Joi tellin the girl where the bathroom was. Right next to my room. I ran up the steps and quickly to my room. I know I was too damn told to be runnin around like an excited lil kid.

I went into my room and I heard her go into the bathroom and close the door. When I heard the toilet flush, I came out of my room and waited a minute for her to come out. I heard the water run and then I stood next to the door. When she opened the door, I walked and we bumped into one another. "I'm so sorry," she said to me lookin like she was totally embarassed.

"Nah it's my bad."

"These shades make it hard to see sometimes."

"Well why don't u take 'em off." It seemed like she got real uncomfortable and she closed up.

"Nah I'ma just go back downstairs."

It seemed like I had did all of that for nothin. I followed a few feet behind her and she went back into the kitchen and I walked past catchin the eyes of Janelle who was lookin at the girl and back to me like she knew somethin went on. I sucked my teeth and went out the door. Dro was walkin up the steps towards me.