Prologue Part 2

I was on my third cigarette after already blowing my high from the blunt I smoke just thirty minutes ago. I was waiting on my man to get home because it was already two something in the morning. I had called up my best friend Tyler and he was going on and on about how I shouldn't be with him anyways. "Why u keep tellin me this bullshit shawty," I said as smoke escaped my glossy lips. "What u say ain't gone make me change my mind about him. I love that n!gga and I'ma be wit him til the wheels break in half."

"So if they fall off, u still gone be down and wait til them b!tches break in half? See, that's what I'm talkin about."

I rolled my eyes and heard a beep on the phone. I pulled it away from my ear and saw that my man was callin me. Without saying anythin to Tyler, I clicked over and began to chew into his ass. "Tip, where the f#ck u at dude. It's two somethin in the mornin and u got me over here waitin on yo ass like u some king and sh!t."

"Ay, chill out! I'm callin to tell yo ass I'ma be late."

"Why did u pick me up and bring me over here to babysit yo house dude?"

"Beyonce, stfu now! I just tol' yo ass I'ma be dere in a minute, if you ain't coolin then leave."

I let out a deep breath and hung up on him. How dare he even say some sh!t like that to me knowing the bus don't run over here this late. When I clicked back over to Tyler he was still talking like he had no clue that I had clicked over. I had to cut him off. "I'ma talk to u later Ty. Why don't u check where yo man at honey?"

"B!tch-" was all he could manage to say before I clicked him off my phone too. I took another long puff from my cigarette and put it out on the ashtray laying on the table. As I got up to grab something to drink from the fridge, a loud, obnoxious knock came from the front door. Only two types of people knock like that: crackheads and the police. And I knew a crackhead wouldn't be so bold as to knock on this door.

I already knew they were looking for Tip. I opened the door to three officers standing with their hands on their waistlines. "Hello there, Miss. Is Tip Harris here yet?" I laughed with my hand covering my smirk. These pigs had already been over here earlier today asking the same stupid ass question.

"He's not here. And I don't know where he at?"

"Obviously u do," the black officer said with an attitude clearly trying to front for his fellow pigs.

"Look, don't ya'll have other sh!t to do besides question me. I told ya'll the first time u came over here, the n!gga ain't here. Ain't sh!t changed!" I knew I was taking a chance being smart to these fools but right now I didn't care. I guess the weed was still having an effect on me.

"If I were u, I would watch my tone. There's a warrant for his arrest and we really have the right to search this apartment to look for him."

"The f#ck u do," I said crossing my arms as if I were daring them to cross my threshold. The black officer began to laugh and then he stopped suddenly stepping towards me but the two other officers stopped him by grabbing his arm. "I'm bout to go to sleep so if ya'll pigs ain't got sh!t else to say. BYE!" I said about to close the door but the last of the officers who had been quiet put his hand on the door to stop me.

"Looks like you just tried to assault me dear," he said with a thick country accent. "I'ma need you to put your hands behind ur back for assault and disorderly conduct," he said grabbing my arms and folding them behind my back. I didn't even flinch as he cuffed me. I knew this was what they were wanting to do.

Tip wasn't here anyways so why not go to jail where I could atleast see other people. As they walked me to the car with my hands behind my back, everyone outside from dudes playing basketball by streetlights to n!ggas shooting dice stared at me as I was helped into the back of the unit. I layed my head back on the seat and closed my eyes.