The Winning House

Wrote this entire chapter today!!! Woo yay me!!! *self high five* Thank you -_-Sora-_- for editing!!! I can't explain how much it means to me. :):):)

Can y'all see the photo??? I believe it's very important for this chapter.

And now... Here is... Chapter 19: The Winning House

...

The next morning, Dimitri, Scorpius, and I visited Taika the in Hospital Wing since all classes were canceled that day. The Headmistress was concerned for our safety and decided it was best for all of us to stay out of the way of possible danger.

The cloudy, grey sky reflected the mood in the Hospital Wing. We sat around Taika, hoping she would wake up at any moment. Though, I doubt that would happen.

Every victim attacked has remained here, motionless, showing no signs of improvement. Cerise was lying on the bed next to Taika and she looks much worse than the last time we saw her. Her veins running up her arm were prominent, bulging and colored violet through the skin. Her eyes were wide open and remained blank; however, when I looked closer, the edges of her irises were turning white as if they were being eaten away.

Taika's eyes were closed so I could not tell if her eyes were like Cerise's. Her arms seemed normal. She looked normal, yet she had still not woken up.

This was all my fault. I should have gone after her after she pushed Carlynn down the stairs, I could have altered her situation. Because of me, I lost her.

I cannot do this without you. I thought, though I wished she could hear me. Please, Taika, wake up.

After what felt like a minute, Taika began to shift and her eyes flickered open. We all gasped a sigh of relief and came close by her side. She stared at us, then looked at her surroundings.

"What's going on? Where am I?"

"It alright, Taika," I said. "You're in the Hospital Wing."

"What happened?"

"'oo don' remember?" Dimitri asked. "You ver attacked."

"Attacked?" She muttered groggily.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" Scorpius asked.

"No, I'm sorry."

Madam Longbottom came rushing over when she heard Taika talking to us and shooed us away before we could say anything else to Taika.

Since we were not allowed back in their under Madam Longbottom's orders, we decided to head back to the common room. The halls were empty today, the silence emanating through the corridors.

In the Slytherin common room, everyone was buzzing about what would happen to the rest of them.

"I know it, and so do you, that monster is going after Slytherins!" Wynter shouted. The Slytherins started talking amongst each other and others' faces turned pale with fear. "The best thing we can do is-"

"Nothing." Emorie said. All heads turned to her and the room went completely silent. "For now, we cannot do anything."

"What if one of us is next?" Celia said, her eyes widened fearfully.

"We can't take that risk," Switzer said.

"Today, we will stay in here until Professor Culpepper and Mr. Potter escort us to the Great Hall for supper. That is the orders from the Headmistress." Emorie answered.

"What about tomorrow and the following days?"

"We can't stay here forever!"

"Should we just leave Hogwarts all together?"