Burn Baby Burn

I have nothing to say 0.0

Enjoy the chapter: Burn Baby Burn

...

There was a full moon tonight and you could hear the faint sound of werewolves howling in the distant. The only sound that could be heard through the halls was the scuff of Scorpius's shoes and the pounding of my heart as we nervously shuffled down the corridors. As we were about to turn to another hall that led to the girls' bathroom, we quickly pressed up against the wall as Nearly Headless Nick floated past. His eyes were closed and his head almost rolled off his shoulders, but was kept attached by a flap of skin. We waited until he floated through the opposite wall and continued our way down the hall.

Just outside the bathroom was a pool of water that had been leaking from one of the stalls- Scorpius told me as we tried to avoid stepping in it.

"I knew I saw something!" Scorpius exclaimed as he rushed out from under the cloak.

"Scorpius! Be quiet!" I whispered harshly. "If any of the teachers found us, we might never come back to Hogwarts after today!"

"Albus, come look at this." said Scorpius. I dropped the cloak onto the ground and looked at the spot on the wall that he was pointing at. The wall seemed to be...burned. A thin burnt line ran across the wall and through some of the stalls, but it didn't look like it was created by normal fire.

"When James ran around the house with his hair on fire or when I saw dragons when visiting my Uncle Charlie in Romania, the fire didn't..."

"Wait, your brother's hair caught on fire?" Scorpius asked.

"Yeah." I turned to Scorpius who had a confused expression on his face. "My Uncle George made a gel that makes your hair act like its on fire. You should visit his joke shop sometime, Weasleys Wizard Wheezes."

"Will do."

"Like I was saying before." I said. "These aren't normal scorch marks."

"How so?"

"Well, as you can see, it's black where the flame hit with the most intensity, but when you follow it towards the edges, it gets lighter-"

"Isn't it suppose to be like that?"

"But look," I said pointing at the mark, "it starts to become faded purplish color, right around here." I barely grazed my finger across the scorch mark before I immediately pulled it back as pain shot through my entire body.

"Albus, are you okay? What happened?"

"I don't- I don't know."

"We should probably go."

"Agreed."

"Wait."

Scorpius paused and looked around. I watched him for a second or two before asking, "What is it?"

"Do you hear that?"

I paused and tried to listen to whatever Scorpius heard, but it was completely quiet all throughout the castle.

"That depends." I said. "What do you hear?"

"I'm not sure." Scorpius stopped again and, without warning, he rushed out of the bathroom and took off down the hall. Completely forgetting about the Invisibility Cloak, I raced after him.