It's All My Fault

I love that photo so much. Anyways, this book has over 400 reads! Thank you guys so much <3

Word Count: 1153 words

Dean x Reader

How did it end up this way? How did you end up bloody and bruised, being pinned down by the man you love? As you looked into his eyes one last time, you didn't see the bright green eyes that you were in love with. Instead you saw black, displaying the eyes of the demon that was once your beloved boyfriend.

"Dean stop. Please." You croaked out but was cut short by another punch to your cheek. You yelled in pain and pleaded for him to stop but it was no use. Instead, your cries of pain seemed to egg him on.

Sam and Cas were out on a supply run and obviously Dean took a chance to come after you first. You kept praying to Cas to come and save you but he wasn't answering for some reason.

"I'm sorry sweetheart but I'm having way too much fun to stop now." He gave you a smirk before he punched you again. You looked to your right and saw your blade and reached your arm to it. As soon as your fingers brushed against the handle, it was picked up by Dean. "Any last words?"

"Dean, this isn't you. Please don't do this."

"Of course this isn't the Dean that you know. I'm the new Dean and let me tell you one thing." He leaned down to whisper in my ear. "I am going to kill you today, one way or another."

You let out a choked sob and cried for the man you once used to love. In those few seconds, your perspective on everything changed and you came to terms with your fate. Dean is much more stronger and faster than you, especially now that he is a demon. You could try anything to escape but he will kill you either way.

"Dean, when you turn human again, I want you to know that it is not your fault. You hear me? I forgive you and I do not want you to beat yourself up about it." He tilted his head to the side. You grabbed his shirt in your left hand and his hand holding the blade in your right hand. "I love you."

Before he shoved the knife into your chest, you yelled at him to stop.

"Say it. Please. I want to- no I need to hear it one last time. Please Dean." He looked away before mumbling it quietly. "Louder."

"I love you." A smile embraced your face and you slowly released your hold on him and closed your eyes, ready to accept whatever happens next. "Not."

You felt a searing pain in your chest and you gasped in pain. You felt your heartbeat become slower and slower until the last thing you saw was Dean's sinister smile. You let the darkness take you away into a dreamless sleep. One that you wouldn't wake up from.

***

Dean slowly opened his eyes and tugged at the ropes wrapped around his wrists. He felt a weird feeling in his eyes and blinked it away. He looked up at Sam and Cas who looked terrible.

Sam had a stubble growing and had bags under his eyes. Cas looked anywhere but Deans eyes and he could feel the tension in the room.

Sam threw holy water at Dean and when nothing happened, he let out a sigh of relief. Dean looked around the room and noticed a presence was missing.

"Where's Y/N?" It was silent. His heartbeat started to quicken and looked at Sam and Cas for an answer but neither of them would meet his eye. "Where is she!"

"Dead. Dean, she's dead. You killed her." Dean stared at Sam in shock and he had tears threatening to fall. Cas had zapped away leaving just Dean and his brother.

Cas was so angry at Dean but above all, he was heartbroken. He saw Y/N as his little sister. He was always there for her and would heal her after hunts, scolding her before embracing her in a hug. He was always worried that he would lose her and here he is now. Having to face his biggest fear.

Sam quickly untied Dean and he stood up and tried to hug Sam but he was pushed away and Sam took a few steps back.

"Don't Dean. I want to be alone for a while. Go to her room." And with that Dean was left alone. He leaned against the wall and started to cry. He had never cried this much in his life. It's all his fault.

Dean remembered what Sam told me to do. Go to Y/N's room. He slowly made his way out of the dungeon and through the halls of the bunker. As he walked past Sams room, he heard loud and deep sobs coming from his room. This made him even more upset but he continued to Y/N's room.

Dean stood outside your room and instinctively did the secret knocks you and Dean would do to know it was you. He closed his eyes once realised that you wouldn't answer him anymore. He opened your door and let out a gasp.

Laying peacefully on your bed was you. He walked closer to you and inspected you. You looked like you went through hell and back. And it's all Deans fault. There were bruises all over your face and Dean noticed they travelled further down your shirt. He bit his lip once he saw the amount of blood that stained your shirt.

He noticed the hole in your shirt that could only be caused by a knife or blade.

"I'm so sorry baby. I am so sorry."

Just like that, everything slowly came back to him. Dean watched as his memories started to play in front of him like a movie. He watched as you cried and screamed for him to stop. He watched as you told him you forgives him and love him. He watched as you asked him to say I love you one last time. He watched as he stabbed the love of his life.

He started to yell and punched a hole in the wall. He pushed everything off your dresser and kicked it, making a dent in the wall. He ran to his room and went crazy. He destroyed everything in sight. By the end of it, he had curled up into a ball in the corner of his room, crying his eyes out. He heard his door creak open and watched Sams eyes wander over everything Dean destroyed before they landed on Dean.

Sam slowly approached Dean and threw his arms around him as Dean sobbed into his shoulder.

"It's all my fault. I can never forgive myself. It's all my fault."