Just A Friend

I haven't updated in forever so sorry about that! I'm not going to give any excuses because it was literally just because of my lack of motivation. I'll try harder.

Word Count: 1012 words

Dean

You thought about Dean with your chin resting in your palm. How is it possible for someone to be so perfect? It seemed like no matter how hard you tried, you couldn't find a single flaw in him. He was perfect. At least he was in your eyes. You liked him, more than a friend but you knew he never saw you the same way. It hurt to see him sleeping around with chicks but you knew that if you opened your mouth, you'd regret it and lose your friendship with Dean forever.

"Hey Dean. What are you doing?" You walked out of the motel bathroom and into the bedroom where Dean was sat on one of the beds, tying up his boots.

"Tying up my shoes." He replied, motioning to his shoes.

"I can see that. Why are you tying up your shoes?" You questioned him and sat on the bed opposite to him.

"Well, I'm going to the bar to get drunk and hopefully bring back a chick for the night." He smirked and stood up, walking to the mirror to style his hair. You could feel a pang in your heart when he said that but you shook it off. hiding your feelings from right now for later. You wanted to tell him so badly that you're in love with him but you can't. He doesn't see you in that way. Never has and never will.

"We're not meant to go out. Where's Sam?" You said but he scoffed and continued to fix his hair.

"Sam's coming back soon. You can defend yourself, can't you?" Dean asked without looking at you. You furrowed your brows and cocked your head to the side. Why can't he just stay with you?

"Yes, I can defend myself but that's besides the point. Do you know how many angels are looking for us. For you?" You tried reasoning with him. He shrugged. You tried desperately to find reasons for him to not go and sleep around with random girls and to stay here with you.

"I know but it's a good thing I can defend myself." He stated and picked up his car keys and made his way to the door, ruffling your hair as he went. "I'll be back in the morning."

With that, he was gone. You sighed sadly and looked down, tears brimming your eyes. No matter what, Dean will never see you as more than a friend. You'll always be just a friend.

Sam

Recently, you and Sam engaged in some intimate.. activities. In the bedroom. He hasn't spoken to you ever since and it's been 6 days. Yes, you may have feelings for Sam. Feelings that friends aren't supposed to have for each other. You haven't confronted him since that day but you've decided that today's the day. You're finally going to ask him why he's ignoring you and confess your feelings. You've kept it in for long enough. If you keep it in any longer, you might actually explode.

You stood outside Sam's room and bit your lip. Is it a good idea to do this? You contemplated on whether or not you should actually confront him. This isn't gonna be easy. No, you shouldn't do this. It'll just add to the awkwardness. You turned around, ready to walk away when Sam's door opened and a hand pulled you into his room and slammed the door shut.

"What the hell, Sam." You said rubbing your wrist. He turned to face you and you cowered. He looks.. scary. "Are you okay?"

"Am I okay? Am I okay? I had sex with my friend in this very room and you're asking me if I'm okay?" He exclaimed, making gestures to the room but particularly the bed.

"Do you regret it?" You muttered and he made eye contact with you.

"Of course I regret it! Do you know what a big mistake it was? We should have never done it. Don't ever mention it to me or tell anyone else." You gulped and swallowed the lump in your throat. You tried not to show him how devastated you were by his words.

"But.."

"No buts. You're just a friend. Nothing less and definitely nothing more." He snapped and your eyes widened. You walked passed him and slammed his arm with your shoulder, causing him to lose his balance and stare at your retreating figure with furrowed brows. You furiously wiped away your tears and slammed your room door shut.

He didn't have a problem with crushing your heart. How could he possibly not have a filter or at least try and sugar coat what he just said? Ever since that day, you didn't talk to each other much and you refused to even look at him for too long. Dean got suspicious but didn't push any further when you told him to drop it.

And to think you wanted to reveal how you felt about him.

Castiel

"Hey Cas!" You exclaimed as you walked into the bunker library with a few slices of pizza. His eyes lit up when he saw it and practically snatched it off you. He recently became human and was new to human food.

"Thank you." He said while his mouth was stuffed with pizza. You nodded and blushed when he continued to stare at you. You always had a huge crush on Cas. "You're such a good friend."

Your heart stopped and you stared at him with widened eyes. A good friend? That's what he sees me as? He looked at you confusedly and slowly stopped chewing.

"Did... I say something wrong?" He asked slowly making you shake your head quickly. You smiled weakly at him, trying to ignore the aching in your heart.

"Nope. You didn't say anything wrong." But he did. And you can't let him know what.