Tomorrow morning, that was when I was going to convince my parents to let me spend the spring break over at my grandpa's house. If they said yes, then I could leave that Sunday morning and be on my way too Chicago. Plus, that was only a five-hour drive, so it wouldn't take me that long to get there. That makes this whole idea even better in my opinion.

The next morning finally came and I was ready to put my plan into action. After I got ready, I walked downstairs. My mom just finished breakfast and was putting it on the table for all of us. If I was going to do this, I should probably do it before Hunter gets downstairs. There was no reason for him to be there when I told my mother about my idea.

"Hey mom, can I talk to you about something?" I questioned.

"Sure, what is it that you'd like to talk about?" She asked.

"Well, you know Spring Break has basically started and I was wondering if I could stay at grandpa's house this week and a half. I thought it would be nice for just me to visit him considering he hasn't exactly seen me in a while."

"You want to spend time with you grandpa? This doesn't exactly sound like something you'd normally offer to do."

Great, now my mother was starting to question me about my decision. I wasn't exactly expecting her to do this. I thought she would be all for the idea.

"You know now that you mention it, all of us as a family haven't really spent that much time with him lately. Maybe all of us need to go to Chicago for a little visit."

"No!"

"No? What do you mean no? I think that idea sounds just as good."

"I wanted to do some things with grandpa that I've never done. Like take him to a baseball game and stuff like that. That way he can have some fun in his life."

"You don't even like watching sports here. I don't know about you going to Chicago by yourself."

"Awe come on mom, I'd be with grandpa. It's not like I'd be spending it completely by myself."

"Let me talk to your father about it later and we'll discuss the topic later."

"So, it could be a yes then?"

"Depending on what your father says, it could be a yes."

Even though I hadn't officially received the okay from my mother, I still walked over to her and gave her the biggest hug. I was sure that she was going to get suspicious about the hug as well, but I ended up being completely wrong. She stopped what she was doing and hugged me back in return. We stayed in an embrace for a few more seconds before I smiled up at her and pulled away.

"Thank you for not completely shutting down my idea." I explained.

"You're welcome sweetie."

After that she placed biscuits and gravy on the table. Even better considering this was one of my favorite meals. We also had bacon with it too which was another breakfast food that I liked to have for breakfast. It was almost as if she was reading my mind. It had been quite a while since we've had biscuits and gravy and right now I'm just so ready for it.

As soon as she had everything sat down on the table I immediately started to tear apart my biscuits so I could put them in a bowl. Once that was finished I then poured the gravy over on top of it. When I finally had it how I liked it, I smiled and stabbed one of the biscuits with my fork and put it into my mouth.

"Good breakfast mom." I said after I finished my first bite.

"You're welcome. Someone is in a better mood today. You sure you're not going to be moping around the house since your friend left?" My mother questioned.

I took another bite of the biscuit and sighed when she brought up Elijah. Right now, he was still a subject that I wanted to avoid. Considering throughout the day, he's all I can think about.

"I mean, I'm still sad about it. But going to Chicago would definitely get my mind off him."

That was completely a lie, but she didn't have to know that he was going to be in Chicago. That was a secret that was just for me to know and for Elijah to figure out later if I get to go there. Soon enough my dad joined us for breakfast and Hunter was still upstairs sleeping the morning away.

"Glad to have you join us dad." I said as I took another bite.

"Our daughter has a proposal for you this morning." My mother explained.

"A proposal huh?" He questioned as he looked over to me.

"Yeah, I was hoping that you and mom would let me go to Chicago where grandpa is. I was going to stay with him over Spring Break and keep him company. I would also help him around the house with things that he can't do himself."

"Hmm, and what did you think of this Mary?" He questioned.

"Well, I was waiting to see what you had to say about it. But if you're okay with it and you trust her to be out on her own in Chicago then, I trust her too."

"I think it's a fine idea. I'm sure my dad will be happy to see you anyway."

"So, I can go?"

"Yes, you can go. Under a few conditions."

"Oh, my gosh, thank you! What are the conditions?"

"You have to update us when you get there and call us at least once a day."

"I can definitely do that. I can't believe I can go."

I smiled happily before hurrying over and wrapping my arms around the two of them. I'm sure they were still slightly suspicious about me going to Chicago, but I for one still couldn't believe that they said yes. This was it, tomorrow I was going to be on my way to one of the biggest cities.