Changed Attitudes

Start from the beginning

When we arrived back at the tower Bruce checked up of my cuts before releasing me to relax, and clean up. I made my way back to my room passing Steve as I went "hey how are your injuries?" he asks "uh good, the stopped the small amount of bleeding and look to beginning to heal up so Bruce said I don't need any bandages just to take it easy" I tell him with a smile. Steve rubs the back of his neck "good that's good, uh tony wants to have a movie night tonight he say to tell everyone to meet in the cinema room at 7pm" Steve tells me, this makes me smile "is it going to be his choice or pulled from a hat" I ask raising a brow. "oh from a hat for sure, we aren't going to suffer one of his choices for sure" Steve chuckles "so you're up for it then?" he asks, I nod my head "oh for sure, I already have my choice picked" I tell him. "it's not another horror movie right?" he asks hopefully "that's for me to know and you to find out later" I smirk tapping my nose before heading into my room. Once inside my room I smile to myself thinking about later, and earlier on the jet when Steve looked after me. it was a nice feeling and I couldn't defiantly feel myself falling for the captain, whether I would do something about it though I wasn't sure. I didn't know if he felt the same way, we were close but as friends and team mates. I would have to test the waters later, see how it goes. I strip off my suit tossing it on my bed so I would remember to take it to stark for repairs and get in the shower the warm water relaxing my muscles after the fight. I watched as all the grime and grease washed off my body and down the drain, I washed my hair using my favourite shampoo that made my hair super soft and smell like vanilla. After washing my hair and body I stand in the shower for a couple of minutes, enjoying the warm water and not wanting step out into the artic that would be my bathroom. I finally turn off the water and wrap myself in a towel moving to dry my brushing and drying my hair, I took longer than expected as I had quite a few knots thanks to the fights. I don't know how Nat keeps her hair so nice during these fights, I would have ask her later. Once my hair was dry and I was dressed in my post mission comfy clothes I grabbed my suit and made my way towards the labs where I would no doubt find tony.

Like i thought that's exactly where I found him doing repairs on his own suit, "hey tony, where do you want this?" I ask holding up my suit. He glances up "over there is just fine, you know I'm gonna have to start charging you for materials the amount of time I've had to repair your suit" he says pointing a wrench at me. I shrug my shoulders innocently "maybe all the other aren't putting in as much work I am" I smirk tony chuckles returning his attention back to his suit "don't let the cap here you say that, plus the only reason you suit is torn is because you purposely jumped through a window, so don't do that again" he tells me. I grab my chest in fake shock and stare at him "wait cap when did you get here?" I gasp, tony looks up and around before realising what I mean "oh shut up, cap is only worried about you, I'm worried about the money I'm spending on repairing your suit" tony scoffs. I raise my brow at him "wow glad for the concern, plus you have enough money to not have to worry about some material" I say moving to lean up against one of tables, he just waved his head "whatever I still have to spend it, now run along I need to focus on this" he says furrowing his brows at his suit. I watch silently as he goes to repair a certain part but it sparks at him sending his arms flailing in shock, I try to bit back the laughter but fail. He turns to me slowly "shut up and go" he says pointing the door, I hold up my hands in defeat laughing "okay, okay I'm going" exiting the labs "I'll see you later" I call as the door shuts.

We all gathered in the cinema room and put our film suggestions in a bowl, I chose the newest horror movie that I had. "okay captain trustworthy, pull out a suggestion" tony say shoving the bowl towards Steve who just rolls his eyes but picks one anyway, he reads it and looks directly at me "seriously (Y/N)?" he asks. I clap my hands in excitement as I pass tony the movie, he puts it in and we all get comfy on the sofas. Me and Steve shared one couch, him sat upright at one end and me lying down on the other. I stretch my legs out and rest my feet on Steve's lap, he raises a brow at me "you comfortable?" he smirks, I nod my head contently "I am now" I smile. Steve smile back and turns his attention back to the movie, as the movie went on all of the team were jumping and screaming slightly at the jump scares, well except for me. "(Y/N) how are you not jumping at this?" Clint asks after one particularly big jump scare that made tony scream like a girl, I shrug my shoulders "it doesn't scare me at all, just gives me a rush of adrenaline" I tell him. Tony just shakes his head at me "like I said earlier ruthless" he mutters, the film continued and I noticed as Steve got more comfortable he did end up resting one of his hands on my leg. At one point he began stroking it, when he didn't see me react negatively to it he just carried one with a slight smile. When the film ended me, Steve and tony all went into the kitchen to refill all of the snacks. "urgh we're out of popcorn" tony complains "we can't have a movie night without popcorn" he droops his shoulders in disappointment. "tony I'll run down to the shop now and get some, you guys go get the next movie running, I've already seen it anyways" I say moving to leave the kitchen and grab my bag from my room "(Y/N) I'll come with you, its dark out now" Steve offers following me out. "no it's okay, its only a 5 minute walk I'll be back before you know it" I smile rejecting his offer, he nods his head in understanding "just stay safe out there okay?" he asks pushing his hands into his pockets. "I always am safe" I smirk walking down the corridor to the elevator "well after today, don't blame me for not trusting you on that" he smirks back. I stick my tongue out at him playfully as the elevator doors closes.