Two (Eren)

A/N: this story takes place mid-18th century

The migration went a usual. The young ones wandered off now and then and the elders were irritated. The group migrated twice a year. Our home was by the English coast, but in the winter we went to the Caribbean, to avoid the cold. Right now, we were heading back to england.

"Wait!" My father, the leader of our group raised his hand. "There's a ship!"

I looked at my friends, Armin and Mikasa, they seemed to understand what I didn't.

"Pirates, Eren," Mikasa answered my unspoken question.

I looked at the ship. It was huge, and it wasn't moving.

"Are they waiting for us?" I asked my father.

He nodded. Then, without a warning, a giant fishing net was thrown into the water.

"Get out of here!" My father yelled, he looked at me and my friends. "Get the kids!"

We tried to push the kids away, told them to follow the others and swim away. In the corner of my eye I saw the net. It was going to get Jimmy.

"No!"

I swam toward the blond boy, who was crying in fear. I pushed him away and the fishing net tied itself around my body.

"Eren!"

My group tried to get me out of the fishing net, but their attempt was hopeless.

"Get out of here!" I yelled. "They can't get you too!"

And then, I was hoisted out of the water. The air filled my lungs. I was struggling to get out of the net, screaming in a high pitched way only merpeople could scream.

I heard voices getting closer and closer. Suddenly, the net fell down and I harshly landed on the wooden floor.

"Tsk," somebody said. "Your shitty friends seem mad."

I looked up. In front of me stood a small guy with pitch black hair and gray eyes, he was obviously the captain. He looked down at me.

"Don't look so angry, brat. I won't take them, I just need you."

I looked at him, confused.

"Actually, I only need one thing," the man sat down on his knees in front of me and he touched my cheek. "A tear."

Oh hell no.

"You're not going to talk? I know you understand English, you understand me. So talk."

"You'll never get my tears," I said.

The man smiled. "He talks. Actually, I will. I will get it, no matter what. A mermaid's tear can heal anything, and you are a mermaid."

"Merman," I snapped.

"Whatever. I will torture you if that's the only way, but I really hope I don't have to."