24| Growing Problems

Start from the beginning

"I want you to think about its pain and the rest will just come naturally." He told me and I did exactly that as I felt myself taking its pain away, it was a feeling that I had never felt before. It came with a small sting of pain but it was the relief that came from the animal that made it all worth it. The dog stopped whimpering and I couldn't help but smile at the feeling of being able to ease some of the pain that the animal felt. For my entire life I had felt the being a werewolf was a curse. It was the reason why my entire family was murdered. It had only brought problems and pain. But knowing that my abilities could do some goo brought me relief. "See, you can use your abilities to help others as well."

"I don't feel like I'm much help to anyone."

"Your senses are heightened aren't they?" He asked me and I looked up at him mostly in surprise wondering how he could possibly know. "Who is it? Who's in trouble?"

"My brother." I told him slowly, trying to keep my tone even. The last thing I needed was to show a hint of weakness to a man that I didn't even know. "He was captured by the hunters. The Argents."

"What you don't understand is that you have the ability to find him."

"But how?" I asked beginning to feel desperation take over at the fact that I had to leave my brother. That I made the decision to flee instead of staying behind and fighting with him. It all came back to Derek being the only person I had left in my life, and that if he had gotten captured I should have to. Consequences be damned. 

There was a groaning from the table and we both looked over at Scott who was beginning to wake up. "Welcome back to the Iand of the conscious." Deaton greeted as we walked to his side. "You doing okay?" Scott attempted to sit up but ended up groaning at the pain at his side. "Maybe you should sit down, huh?"

In that moment the  bell from the front of the animal clinic rang, and I immediately froze realizing that it was Peter who had entered the clinic. His presence infecting the air around us like a disease. But the power that radiated from him called to my instincts of needing an alpha. "Hello?"

I took a step forward but Deaton held his hand up signaling for me not to move as he left the room. "I'm sorry, but we're closed." I heard him say once he got to the front counter.

"Hi there. I'm here to pick up." Peter replied and Scott immediately sat up, and pulled me with him to the other end of the room, attempting to get the farthest away from the entrance as possible. Scott was more afraid than ever now that Peter had gotten to his mother. My uncle had made his point, but he didn't know Scott.

Didn't know that Scott was the kind of person to always do the right thing even if he ended up getting hurt in the process. Nothing that Peter did would ever get Scott to follow him, not even Derek had been able to crack Scott. 

"I'm not sure I remember you dropping off."

"These two wandered in on their own." My uncle continued and I began to worry about what he would do to Deaton if he didn't do what he was asking. And I simply didn't understand what Deaton had to gain from helping us. 

"Even if they did, I'm afraid I can't help you. We're closed."

"I think you can make an exception this one time. Don't you?" Peter stated his words making it clear that it was a threat and he wasn't here to negotiate.

"I'm sorry. That's not going to be possible." Deaton replied politely and surprisingly calm for a human confronting an out of control alpha like Peter. "Maybe you could come back during regular hours."

"You have something of mine. I'm here to collect it."

"Like I said, we're closed." Denton repeated in a stern tone and suddenly a crashing sound came from the other room causing both Scott and I to jump.