Gangster Boo - Veintedos

Chapter 22 | Gangster Boo

What is life when you can't share it with your companion? What is death if there isn't any air to breathe in? Twisting and turning in her sleep, Francesca wakes up from a heart-breaking dream. It was three a.m in the morning when someone banged against her front door with a baseball bat.

She rose from bed, retrieving her glock from underneath the mattress. Slowly, her bare feet walked across the hard wood floor causing loud creaks as she reached her arm out to let the unknown guest in. Once the door was open Kerrington peered inside with tears slipping from her eyes.

Sighing, Francesca placed her gun on the coffee table in her living room as she pulled Kerrington down to take a seat on the couch, "What's wrong with you?"

"Kingston was shot down last night. He's under life support." She wiped away her tears and looked at her weakening friend.

"He going to be just fine, right?" She looked at her for some sympathy, but there was none there, "He can't fucking die on me, Kerrington. We're suppose to be together forever and always. He told me forever and always. He can't just leave me. He's suppose to........."

Kerrington jumped from the couch to catch her friend from falling onto the floor. She was hyperventilating. "Calm down, babydoll. I'm going to need for you to breathe. I need you to be strong."

She placed Francesca's arm around her shoulder and led her into the kitchen. After positioning her into a chair, she headed towards the sink to warm up a towel to place onto her head. The water was scourching hot when it flowed from the eyes of the faucet before she placed it onto her head and gave her a cold bottle of water.

She took three sips and held the hot towel steady, "Are you ready to talk now?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"I don't think he's dead. Someone found his body in the middle of the street. Word is that he's still moving, but he can't breathe on his own."

"I should have been with him. I should've never let him leave me."

"It's not your fault."

"Yes, it is. Everything is my fault. I never do right. I never want to face reality cause I'm stuck up in this stupid ass fairytale that I've created in my head. My father told me that if you dream big, you can do anything. I believed it, but everything I touch is destroyed by this fucked up life that I'm living. My life wasn't important until Kingston stepped in it. Maybe it's our chemistry, or his touch, or how much he cares, but whatever it is, he makes me happy and my fairytale becomes real and nobody understands that."

"It's not about fairytales and reality, Francesca. It's about turning your life around. Make better decisions. If you want the dark to stay in the dark then you need to start doing good and make some light, but how the hell are you going to do that when your not making any moves?"

That was a question that she never really thought about. "What you mean by that?"

"You didn't study abroad in Thailand for nothing. You did it for you. Stop doing shit for other people and do you. They don't give a fuck about you at the end of the day cause their doing their own thing. Go get a job in the medical field, fix this shit with Montana, and make a family with Kingston. Stop worrying about your sisters. They'll do good when their ready. You need to let go. Stop holding on."

She nodded in agreement and began to wipe away her tears, "Can you do me a favor?"

Kerrington mugged her friend and gave her the crazy eye, "What you want?"

"I'm sick and tired of messing with the fuck arounds, so I'm gone need for you to watch my crib while I go do some damage real quick."

"Shit, I got you."