Gangster Boo - Diez

Chapter 10 | Gangster Boo  

Looking at her black Chanel dress with a laced veil place on top of her head, Francesca decided that she wasn't going to cry at Montel's funeral. Not because she didn't know him, but for the simple fact of knowing that tears won't do anything for anyone in need.

Her and Kingston were going to leave shortly after for a nice little brunch. Her head turned into the direction of the sound of someone knocking on her door. She snagged up her purse and opened up the door for him. 

She felt a rush between her legs as her heart begin to beat slowly with the rhythm of the tears that trailed down his cheeks. What could she do for him? Nothing. Kingston didn't say a word as he stood in her doorway. The only sound you could hear from him was the sniffles that he made ever so often.

He's never in his life cried in front of anyone and it came to a surprise when he pulled Francesca into his arms and burst into a rapture of tears. All she could do was hold him tight. She knew how it felt to lose someone so close to you ; she knew how it felt to lose someone you love. 

And even now she's still losing to her mother and sisters. She was not only loosing to the death of her unborn child, but she was losing to the living of her unfinished business. She closed the door behind him and dragged him to the couch were she laid his head on her lap and cradled him like a baby.

That's what he needed. Aside from Montel's mother raising him after the dispute with his biological mother, Kingston never had a real female companion that would comfort him the way Francesca did. He always thought crying was for bitches, but when he cried for people like his brother, father, grandfather, and Montel ; he cried as a man.

They wasted fourty-five minutes in her apartment, so that he could get himself together. She saw the anger in his eyes from Montana's actions. He wanted to kill. He wanted to destroy. He wanted revenge. She didn't see nothing nice when she looked at him, but she wasn't going to turn her back on him now. He needed her and she was willingly to give him what he need.

Hand in hand the two made their way into the church doors once they arrived. Many of the elder women pulled him into a hug and placed a lipstick mark upon his cheek. All she did was smile and wave at the women who gave her light smiles.

They made their way to the pew that Montez and his mother were in and took a seat, "Mama, this my girl, Francesca." He introduced. What did 'his girl' mean? Was it bad? Was it good? Was he really feeling her the way she felt him? Butterflies rumbled in her stomach at the sound of being called his girl. She liked that title and she was going to carry it.

"Hi, nice to meet you beautiful. I'm really glad you came to stand by his side. This is a really hard time for us, so thank you very much." The woman stood and gave her a tight 'welcome to the family' type hug. 

She smiled, "You're welcome. I'm really sorry for your loss, but I'm sure he's in a better place." She stated taking her seat once again. She gave Montez a slight wave and he gave her a head nod in return.

The funeral had started and she took Kingston's hand and held it tight. She was surprised to not see him cry during the ceremony, but she understood that he didn't want to show fear. After awhile he let go of her hand and headed to the front of the church to say a few words for his 'brother'.

He sighed deeply and looked at Francesca. She was the only thing that would keep him from crying. From her beautiful face to her poised lips ; she kept a smile on his face. He had to be strong for both Montel and Montez, and especially their mother.