Gangster Boo - Doce

Chapter 12 | Gangster Boo  

Kingston was fourteen with a mind of a twenty-five year old man. He was taught to hate his biological father due to his mother's pain. She didn't want him to be like his father, nor did she want him to see him in a situation such as incarceration. 

He was curious of what his father looked like. How strong was he? What is his story? Did he want to see him? There were so many unanswered questions that his mother never wanted him exposed to. He had a hole in his heart from an invisible bullet that was fired by her.

Stressed out and hurt he walked down the stairs where he found her making him a big breakfast. "Mama, I need some new shoes." He said to her as he took a seat at the kitchen table.

"Do you got some money for a new pair of shoes?"

"Why you always do that when I ask for something?" He asked.

She slammed the spatula onto the counter and cut off the gas on the stove. Facing him, she crossed her arms furious, "Kingston, I'm gone need for you to understand that I am doing all I can for you. The three jobs that I do have can only pay the bills and my car note. I don't make money like that, but baby, when I get the money I will buy you some new shoes."

He nodded his head, "Alright." He moped.

She walked towards her son and placed her warm hands onto his shoulder and looked into his liquid eyes that reminded her of his father, "I could of sworn that Jerry bought you some new shoes anyways."

"I don't want that shit."

"Kingston ! Who the hell are you talking to like that. I'm gone need for you to watch your damn mouth."

"Why cause that bitch nigga only bought me them shoes so he can get close to you. I don't even know why you talking to that lame nigga. He ain't gone never replace my real damn daddy. His goof ass always want me to rake the leaves and cut the grass when we come over. I ain't no damn slave."

"I know you mad about me talking to another man, but you ain't got to take it out on him. He was just trying to help."

"If he was real man he would help you out with the bills and shit. He trying to get my approval with some Jordans. That nigga ain't gone earn my respect until he can show me how a real man suppose to treat a woman. He suppose to protect you mama. He suppose to bring home the money. You don't suppose to got through this alone."

"Kingston ! I don't want to talk about it no more."

"Why? Cause you know I'm right."

"What did I say?"

He smacked his lips and hung his head low, " I bet you my daddy can take care of you." He mumbled.

"Yo' good for nothing daddy can't do shit. That's why his stupid ass locked up now. Maybe, if yo damn daddy was a real fucking man he would be standing his sorry ass right here raising you and then maybe you could have all the damn shoes you want, but he ain't here, Kingston. Cause he a sorry ass motherfucker."

Tears striked Kingston's cheeks, " I DON'T HAVE A DAD ! " He screamed out to her.

Whether it was the yelling or the simple fact that he resembled his father, but she smacked him right across the face. He mugged her before grabbing his book bag and leaving out the house.