Hold Up (6)

In the 6 minutes i've known Normani Kordei Hamilton I have come to learn 3 important things about the Texan:

She loves to dance— extravagant dancing more specifically; She is an only child of a pair of loving parents, which she mentioned live in Texas and they believe she is living in New York as the lawyer of a extremely succesful law firm; And that she is the biggest Beyonce fan of all times.

I've been sitting on my bed in my side of the room, just watching her talk away the time as she looked for—as she puts it— "some kick ass background music".

Once she settled for "Hold Up" by —of Course,— Beyonce, she began telling me about the life in The Facility.

She told me about the different "cliques" that formed throughout the years, she told me about the different classes that are given to each member, she told me about how they were big on parties and holidays, she told about how those who came from Austin never wanted to go back to him, she even told me about the great amount of gossip and drama that form within this walls due to the fact that most people here were young, and she also told me about the heads of The Facility—The Elites—.

"How many are there?" I asked as I munched on some chips Normani had given to me after she heard my stomach growl.

"That's actually a good question. I personally only know 4 of them, but I've seen 3 more who don't really like to socialize outside of the Elites, and people also tend to say there is more who are outside doing work. But... like I said: gossip is big here."

I nodded, averting my gaze from her to think for a minute. There was a lot going on at the moment and I wasn't exactly sure how to feel. I betrayed Austin, which had me feeling major conflict because I wasn't sure who I was supposed to fear more, Austin or Leonidas; I was in some strange place called "The Facility" that promised me a chance I thought I was never going to be given; I had to adjust to a new life and make new friends in a place brand new to me; and Daisy hated my guts... and I don't blame her.

Daisy.

My lips still tingle at the thought of her. I wanted to kiss her so bad. But she currently wasn't very fond of me, so forcing myself on her was not on the list of things I wanted to do. Not that I would ever do that to anyone, of course.

"Are you still hungry?" Normani spoke, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I let out a breath. "Famished."

She smiled and quickly glanced at her wrist watch. "Lunch starts in about 30 minutes. We could leave right now and I could give you a quick tour of the place before we get to the cafeteria, if you'd like?"

"That sounds good to me."

I got up from my spot in the bed, but Normani quickly approached me and took my hands in hers, turning my palms towards the ceiling.