09

✍✍✍         ✍✍✍

          TODAY'S WORLD

                       By

             Lubπα Sufyαπ

          ✍✍✍         ✍✍✍

CHAPTER 9.

She couldn't muster the courage to go to school the next day.

She just told her mother that she is not feeling too well and stay in her room deeply thinking.

In dread of meeting Mustapha and what will come of it. As if he could read that she is thinking of him when he called her and tell her he is on his way to there school if she have five minutes to spare he is to turn back to kano that very day for him coming to kaduna isn't plan.

She cooly told him that she is at home and have more than five minutes to spare.

*

Mustapha noticed that something if off with ziyada the moment she greet him. She sounds cooler than usual and her eyes are bloodshot as if she didn't get any sleep at all.

''Are you okay?''

he asked her in a tender voice.

Ziyada could feel the tears threatening to spill any minute. But this is something she have to do.

For mustapha's sake and for the love he has shown to her. She couldn't bring herself to look at him.

''Just know that Allah is my witness mustapha i love you....i truly love you....but i have to tell you something''

she finished finally looking at his face as a tear roll down her cheek. She brushed it off with her finger.

''Subahanallah ziyada what is wrong?'' mustapha asked clearly alarm.

''I did something....something horrible and dirty mustapha....'' she said as more tears fall. Ziyada have never feel so dirty and ashamed like she did right then.

What she felt when she first saw those pictures is nothing compared to what she is feeling at that instant.

Mustapha run his hand through his hair assuming the worst. May be ziyada's dad already promise her hand to someone else and she is trying to create excuses for him or something.

''ziyada you are scaring me. Dan Allah ki fadamun what is going on. Please....''

From the way his voice is shaking she could tell he is on the verge of breaking into tears himself.

She try and control her sobs.

''There are pictures of me on the internet. Not decent ones mustapha.....i.....i....i don't want to deceive you....i know it will destroy what we have.....i just have to tell you....'' She wipe some more tears as the fall.

*

He stood there for more than ten minutes not saying anything not even moving he is processing what ziyada just confessed to him and his mind have only one conclusion. He still love her. He sigh deeply which made ziyada look at him with her teary eyes.

''just tell me everything. How it happens....everything ziyada'' he asked with no emotion in his voice.

So she told him. From the begining of it all. How farida stand by her and is still supporting her through all of it. How she lied to her parents about all of it. Mustapha listened without interrupting her.

Ziyada feel drained after she is done. As if her whole energy flow with the intensity of her past. She look at mustapha with so much sadness in her eyes.