21

FAME

The ride to Michael's house was a silent one. Kamani amuses herself by looking out into the dark night, unaware of the tense man beside her and blinking her eyes against the pull of drowsiness. She didn't think she was sleepy but the steady rhythm of the car was starting to lull her in a camitmos state. The low music doesn't help either. Strangely enough, she was still aroused and she crosses her legs tightly together to help diffuse it a alittle. The soft cotton of her underwear and rough fabric of her jeans brushes against her vagina and a flare of heat shoots through her. She moans underneath her breath and lays her head against the back of her seat. From her perphieal she could see Michael as he glances at her and then looks away, his hands clenching the round steering wheel.

She doesn't say anything and wasn't concerned enough to be embarrassed. She closes her eyes and waits for the ride to be over, body burning up in the constraints that were her clothes. And then it comes sudden and soon they were parked, the engine cut off and the silence defeating in her ears.

"You sure you want to do this?" Michael asks, his low voice sliding through her senses. She frowns, not sure why he was asking because it was more than clear that he wanted this. And maybe, just this once, she did too. After all, she was able to walk away with a sound mind after this (at least she thinks).

However if she was being honest with herself she wasn't even fully aware of the consequences she may have to go through after this was over. Even now, with the alcohol still flowing in her bloodstream, she was only focused on the sensation that she knew Michael could give her. Everything from before was gone from her mind. She had no doubts.

So instead of answering the heavily weighted question, Kamani fumbles for the handle and pushes open the door; the clean night air rushing in the vehicle and providing her with fresh air. She pulls herself out the car on shaky legs and slams it shut behind her, though it was on accident. Oh well. The path to the apartment was clear and she walks her way to it, the click of the car sounding behind her and breaking the stillness of the night. Footsteps echo behind her.

She steps aside and waits patiently as Michael steps up and puts his key in the lock, turning it all the way to the right and unlocking the mechanism. He pushes the door open and allows her to go in first, giving her space as he steps back. She doesn't acknowledge the chivalry.

Inside the apartment Kamani makes a beeline for the kitchen, flipping on the light and heading straight for the cupboard. She throws the one by the refrigerator open and scans the self, spotting a pretty full bottle of Hennessy sitting there. Without ceremony she grabs it from the shelf and untwists the top, throwing her head back and taking a ginormous gulp.

Honestly it went down like water.

She figures those earlier drinks did the trick and continues to swallow back the strong liquid, unconcerned of the damage her liver was surely going through. She was glad she couldn't feel anything. Feelings were bad.

A brown hand comes in her line of vision and takes the bottle away from her mouth. She considers protesting but doesn't bother, she was already drunk as hell so there wasn't more she could do.

"What are you trying to do, kill yourself?" Michael recaps the bottle and sets it on the counter, his attention focused on her. His expression wasn't exactly warm.

She tries to shrug but finds that it was like trying to fly and then shakes her head but then changes her mind and nods. "No--maybe. I dunno, it'd be nice I think." Her brows furrows together as she wonders how it'd be to die. Probably comfortable.