12

Michael's brothers were visiting.

  Kamani finds out this particular piece of information walking into his apartment. She enters the living room first to see if he was there before she goes into his bedroom. Turning the corner, she's sees his curly head brushing against someone else's. A woman.

All she could do was laugh in disbelief as she watches their lips moving against one anothers. She doesn't even freak out, she just looks around for something to smack his ass with. She spots a large ornament tiger hanging on a mantle on the wall and picks it up, walking purposely to the side where Michael was at.

She must have made some type of noise because they spring apart before she could even do anything, whirling around and spotting her there with her arms raised high.

Her mouth drops open because it wasn't even Michael. It was his younger brother Steven.

He widens his eyes and scoots closer to the white girl he was previously kissing on. "Damn mamas, were you trying to take us out?"

Kamani lowers her arms and tosses the wooden tiger on the couch, watching it bounce before settling down. She meets  Stevens eyes before laughing sheepishly. "Sorry I thought you were Michael."

Steven stands up, rubbing a hand across his lips. "Yeah, cause I really look like him." He says sarcastically, walking towards her and opening his arms.

"You do!" She argues, stepping into his friendly and familiar embrace.

They hug for a moment before he steps back, looking her up and down. "How are you? College going okay?"

"Eh, getting ready for our performance. How about you? Senior year treating you jazzy?" She smiles, taking a seat on the corner of the couch.

"Jazzy?" Steven takes a moment to laugh, furrowing his brows at her choice of words. "I mean yeah, class of '82 is the best class so I should say it's working well in my favor."

She chuckles, smacking his shoulder back playfully. "Boy. How's your mother? Are your brothers here?"

Steven rubs his shoulder in mock pain, expressing his "hurt" before dropping the facade. "Mom's doing good. Just Jackie, Tito and Marlon is here. Jermaine is off doing Jermey things."

A muffled clearing of ones throat reaches her ears. She turns her head and looks at the woman on the couch who was watching them and she could see that she was...not upset but annoyed.

"Hello, what's your name?" Kamani smiles at her and waits for her to answer.

The woman glances at Steven then back at her. "It's Ahara."

"Kamani." She introduces herself. Ahara doesn't do anything but 'mmpf ' to herself and she could see exactly what type of female she was.

She turns back to Steven. "Is this your girlfriend?" She asks.

Steven nods, putting his hands in his pants pockets. "Yeah, that's my girl." He says.

"She's absolutely gorgeous." She says, mostly to see something other than that stuck up look on her face. She succeeds, watching the coldness drain from Ahara's face and a timid smile that slowly grows, replacing it. She was prettier when she smiles.