14

Happy birthday daddy. 💖✨

After a few more drinks and another round of smoking, Kamani was ready to go. Tomorrow was filled with rehearsals back to back and it was imperative for everyone to be in attendance. Staying out this late was already a risk and being high wasn't good either. She stands from where she was leaning partially against Anthony and nudges him.

"I'm bout to go." She tells him before catching Nessa's eye.

"You ready?" She asks.

Nessa nods her head, breaking off from talking with Lacey.

"Yeah let's head out."

Kamani gives Anthony a hug goodbye, moving to receive hugs from Artemis, David, Andrew and everyone else. She doesn't even look in Michael's and Stacia's direction, skipping over them to give Simpson an embrace. Simpson of course has to be different and squeezes her tightly, lifting her up off the ground. She laughs, smacking his shoulder to be let go.

She inhales Nathan's smooth cologne as she gives him a friendly hug, patting his back softly.

"Bye everyone." She says as she pulls away, following after Nessa who was jiggling her keys in her hand as she walks through people.

Calls of goodbye and playful farewells commence and she smiles one last time before trying to catch up with Nessa.

She exits through the huge front door and waits a moment for her eyes to adjust to the outside. Blinking quickly, she takes a step forward to go down the stairs when a hand wrapping around her arm pulls her back.

Startled and having a delayed reaction, her mouth drops open as she was turned around.

It closes sharply once she sees Michael.

"Excuse you." She snaps, pulling her arm back and glaring at him.

Michael holds his hands up for a moment in the air before placing them in his pockets. His eyes clashes with hers.

"You're leaving pretty early." He says, gaze surveying her.

"You can do that when you're grown." She retorts. Michael brows narrows just a smidgen and she could see him wanting to say something smart. To her astonishment he doesn't, he just quirks his lip to the side.

"Funny. Listen, can we talk for a moment?" His face turns completely serious, dark eyes imploring with her to say yes. She takes a deep breath, trying to air out the smoke in her lungs. She can't tell if it works or not.

"What do we have to talk about? If it's about the Showcase, it can wait till tomorrow." If it was up to her they wouldn't have to talk to each other ever again.

Michael frowns and shakes his head, taking a small step closer to her. "No, it's not about that." He waves off dismissively.

"Then what is it about?" She brushes her curly hair behind a shoulder, body warming up for some reason. She shifts uncomfortably.

"Us." And with that one word her whole body is engulfed in flames. Fire crawls up her throat at his words, not for any old reason but just for the simple thoughts that races in her mind when he says that. She doesn't want to go down that road again.