6.

"Get out of my face Michael. You're irritating me." Kamani picks up the paper bound book she was attempting to read and tries to concentrate on the words that were on the paper, heatedly ignoring the man that was in front of her. Unfortunately for her, it doesn't work.

"Really Kamani." Michael sits down on the table that was directly across from where she was sitting on the couch, blatantly disregarding her words.

She rolls her eyes and purses her lips. The book being yanked out of her hands has her snapping her head up and she jerks it back with a full blown attitude.

"Stop before I get mad." She hisses, closing the book with a defined snap.

Michael laughs in her face, giving her a quick sweep of her body with his dark eyes. "Get mad then." He quips.

Kamani goes to stand up but Michael stops her, wrapping a long arm around her waist.

"Kidding! I'm kidding." Michael continues to laugh, taking her as a joke like always. "Girl you know I'm playing with you." He pulls her down onto his lap, preventing her from going anywhere. He kisses her cheek.

She doesn't fall for his act, scowling while trying to create as much distance as she'd could between their bodies. He notices and gently tightens his hold.

She stills and looks into his eyes, seeing the mirth and humour placed there. If it wasn't distain or annoyance, he was laughing at her. She couldn't win.

"Why were you talking to her on the phone?" Kamani asks, the problem that arose earlier not going anywhere.

"Who?" Michael acts.

"Stacia, negro." She can't help the disgust that comes on her face and into her voice.

Michael rolls his eyes. "We wasn't talking about anything. She called about the music assignment." His voice was very matter of fact.

She snorts. "Yeah, ok. Sureeee." She takes care to drag her words in exaggerated belief.

"I'm being serious Mani. If you don't believe me we can call her back right now." Michael looks at the telephone sitting on the table by the couch and motions for her to get up. She rolls her eyes and remains sitting on his lap.

"I'm good." She says.

Michael shakes his head, a short curl falling over his right eyebrow. He watches her for a moment before smiling his brilliant white smile, reaching a hand up to her head and giving the large puff ball placed there a squeeze. He laughs at her expression.

"You're cute when you're mad." He says.

"I'm so sure." She doesn't let him faze her.

"Whatever. I have another practice with her tonight so since you're so worried, I want you to come." Michael so graciously suggests.

"I'll pass." No way, hosé.

Michael gives her a look. "Yes. So you can see that's there's nothing between me and her. Come."

Kamani doesn't speak right away, letting the silence draw up and wrap around the two. The clock ticking on the wall magnifies the lack of noise. Finally, she opens her mouth.