10

Lacy's house was filled with colorfully bright, humongous wild flowers. Every surface was taken up by these plants, eroding all the open spots and bringing a luminous beam to the room, albeit a very large one. While Miranda and Dan (as Lacy's parents insists that they call them) walks them to the back yard, her nose scrunches up at the personality that was thrown everywhere in the house. It was too much.

A tug on her loose hair causes her to look back, a remark on the tip of her tongue at the pressure. Michael copies her face expression, scrunching up his nose and cutting his eyes at her. She was startled by the otherwise friendly gesture and for a moment doesn't know how to act, gaping at him in confusion.

Michael chuckles, bringing his eyes behind her to look at Dan and Miranda, settling them again on her.

"Fix your face, you look like you're disgusted." He says lowly, dark eyes giving her a brief once over.

Kamani snorts, touching on a green leaf on the plant they pass. "That's because I am. It's looks like Bob Marley threw up in here."

Michael shakes his head, holding the back door open for her and letting her walk through first. "That'd be an insult to Bob. More like David Bowie."

She was gonna respond but doesn't, taking a moment to process the people in front of her. Instead of what she thought would be maybe around ten people here, it was close to twenty. She recognized most of the faces so it wasn't a complete throw off but still, her guard comes up a bit when she notices Stacia talking to Sammy.

"What's up with you?" Michael notices and shuts the door behind him, coming to stand by her.

She shrugs, moving towards where she sees Nathan, Nessa, Sammy, Andrew, David, Artemis and Lacy mingling at. They were all in a big circle sitting in the grass, laughing and chilling with each other. She sees that they were also smoking.

"Nothing." She brushes off his question.

"Kam baby! You made it!" From out of nowhere, Anthony comes on her right side and squishes her in a big hug. She gasps startled, then laughs loudly, hugging him back. Even though they see each other in their classes, it's always better when it's on a social level.

"Hey boy, where you been?" She asks, letting him go to look at his chocolate face.

Anthony shrugs, quirking a grin. "Must we always go through this? Where you you been girl. You missed that kickback I threw."

"What kickback? You didn't tell me anything about that." Her brows furrows as she tries to think. Nothing comes to mind.

Anthony punches her shoulder gently with his fist. "Cmon girl, it was just last week. My parents went on that impromptu vaca and left me the house?"

Kamari raises her hands up sheepishly, still not recalling that type of conversation between them. "Sorry?"

"Ah, don't worry bout it g. Are we still doing that homecoming thing?  We're still on right?" Anthony looks at her, waiting for her response.

She knows what he's talking about so she nods, opening her mouth.

"--Homecoming?" Michael's voice cuts through their conversation and Kamani glances at him, seeing his carefully blank look.