Chapter 8

Hey guys!! :)

Oh my gosh, it feels so good to be back! I cannot even tell you how much I have tried to get my account back which for some reason I couldn’t get access to. Anyway, it’s all sorted now and I’m glad to be back and updating as regularly as I can. I want to dedicate this chapter to my old readers/ fans for being so patient and supportive through this long awkward hiatus that has finally come to an end. Hope you enjoy this chapter as much as I did writing it! :)

Quick recap: This story is about a girl called Holly who lives in small town USA and has a boyfriend called Logan. Fast-forward 3 years, she is now called Alicia and is a famous actress. She has and agent called Kate and a director called Barry. She was dating her co-star Carter but when he injured his nose, he took a break to get a plastic surgery, and newbie Trey has replaced him. Trey and Alicia immediately hit it off and for some reason she feels like she knows him—probably because he is none other than her ex-boyfriend Logan who is back for revenge.

*

“See Alicia, exactly what I said. You made it onto the front cover once again! Going out with Trey was the right thing to do. It was my idea after all and as you know, my ideas never fail. I never fail. I was born a winner,” Barry boasted as he threw a stack of gossip magazines on the glass table in his office.

All over the front covers were Trey and I leaving my apartment building as we headed out for our ‘date’ a couple of nights ago. The headlines read ‘Trelicia’—what was with these god-awful Hollywood couple names?! It’s so embarrassing to even look at.

“Barry, we are not a couple,” I said forcefully.

“Not yet, but perhaps soon,” he said with a wink.

Before I could ask what he meant there was a knock on the door.

“That’s probably your better half. Just a minute,” he yelled. He then turned to face me and hissed, “Listen Alicia. I made you who you are today and I can just as easily take it away. So you need to cooperate and not mess things up. If you don’t, I can always expose what really happened the night you…”

“Okay, okay, stop,” I quickly cut him off. “I get it. Cooperate.”

He curtly nodded in response, flashing me his foul sneer.

“Come in,” he roared.

“Good evening Barry,” Trey said when he walked in, the tension quickly subsiding. He looked at me and said, “Hey Ali,” with a smirk. I smiled back in response.

“Trey. Welcome, welcome. Hope your first few days here have been wonderful. Congratulations by the way,” Barry said.

A look of confusion crossed Trey’s face. “For what?” He asked.

Barry pointed at the magazines.

Trey looked shocked and then amused. “No way! How did these get out so fast? Hey Ali, I think we look pretty good here, don’t you think?” He asked pointing to the cover of ‘People’ magazine.

“Sure,” I mumbled barely glancing at the photo. Barry glared at me.

“Wait. I don’t understand how this is a good thing?” Trey asked looking slightly lost—a look which he pulls off really well, might I add. Weird. He’s been in this business long enough and doesn’t understand the importance of publicity.

“Publicity, my boy. It’s all about the publicity. Just you wait and watch—the show ratings are going to go up, up and up. Out of the roof and straight to the moon. Do you know why? Because you both are officially the hottest couple in Hollywood! I am ecstatic,” Barry hollered and then promptly popped open a Champagne bottle. He then poured it out into glasses and offered a glass each to Trey and me.