29: Stressed Out (Ashley's POV)

(Yeah I'm out of Halsey songs that work so ima use TØP titles!)

*dont play song!*

*the next day*

I sat on the living room couch, in some pajamas Brendon let me wear. I'm staying home from school, because it would just be too awkward to see Pete after what happened. I don't know if we're broken up, or if we're taking a break. I don't know...

Brendon walked downstairs, dressed and with his backpack on.

"Ash, are you sure you don't wanna go to school?" He asked. I just nodded. He looked at me for a few moments and sighed.

"You know what?" He said, taking his backpack off.

"Brendon what are you doing?" I asked. At the same moment, Brendon's Mom walked in, ready to go to work.

"Mom, I'm not going to school today." He said.

"What? How come?" She asked.

"I wanna make sure Ashley is okay. She just got her heart broken and I'm not just leaving her." He said. I stood up.

"Woah, woah, no. Brendon I don't want you missing school." I said.

"Ashley I have no absences. What's one gonna do?" He shrugged. I just sighed and sat back down.

"Okay, I'll allow it this one time since you're helping a friend. Just have Ryan bring your homework, okay?" She said. Brendon nodded, and she left for work. He sat on the couch next to me, and gave me a sad look.

"You'll have to face him eventually." He said.

"I know... but I just don't know what to do. And that text he sent me last night got me thinking about everything. I mean, he did save my life..." I said sadly as he nodded.

"Do you still love him?" He asked.

"I really really do..." I said. And it's true. Pete still means everything to me. I know he was just angry, and I was being kind of a bitch, but I had just lost a baby... What do you expect?

"Do you want to see him again?" He asked. I nodded.

"Are you still mad at him?" He asked. I shook my head immediately.

"Well, maybe you could make up with him now." He said, pointing out the window. I looked out, and saw Pete slowly walking down the sidewalk with his backpack, and his head was down. I shot up from the couch, and ran to the door. I slipped on my converse, and ran outside, not even caring that I'm in flannel pajama bottoms and a T-shirt.

*play song!*

"Pete!" I called, making my way towards him. He lifted his head, and made eye contact with me. He froze. I started to run towards him, across the street. He just stood there, looking guilty. I finally reached him, and I crashed into him, and hugged him tightly. I felt him hesitantly hug me back.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry. I'm not upset anymore. I'm not mad. I know you didn't mean what you did, and I forgive you. Please... I can't loose you. I-I love you..." I said, holding him tight. He was silent, before I felt him hug me tight back, and he even picked me up off of my feet. I heard him start to cry into my shoulder.

"Ashley I'm so sorry..." He sobbed. I started to cry along with him.

"N-No Pete... It was my fault. I shouldn't have gotten so mad. Nothing was your fault, I promise..." I stuttered out.

"But I-"

"Pete," I cut him off as I pulled away to look at him. His eyes were red and swollen, and he had small bags under his eyes. I took a moment to look at him. This isn't the Pete I know... He's not the same goofy, happy guy he was when I met him. I see nothing but pain in his eyes. It's almost like I can see his soul. It's like dust flowing in the winds of a dark, cold and abandoned street. He looks so empty. So broken... And it's tearing me to shreds...