26: Empty Gold (Ashley's POV)

*play song whenever!*

For the past week, I've felt like shit... Almost every time I try to speak, I'll just end up crying. The guys know what happened, and they've visited me to see if I was okay. Which I'm not.
What did I do to fuck this up...? I thought I was pregnant, and Pete seemed so happy, and so was I... it's official. I've ruined everything.

I was brushing my hair out, getting ready to go to go to school, when Pete showed up in the doorway, looking sad.

"Ashley, its gonna be okay." He assured me, for the 200th time. I sighed, and just nodded. I put the hairbrush back, and walked out of the bathroom, and down the stairs. I heard footsteps behind me. I grabbed my bag, and swung it over my shoulder.

"Bye, kids." Dale said from the living room.

"Bye, Mom." Pete said.

"Bye..." I mumbled. We walked outside, and I felt the cold air hit my face, making me shiver. We began walking to school, and Pete was looking at me nervously the whole time. He laced his fingers with mine, and kissed my hand. We eventually made it to school, and we went our separate ways to our lockers. I made it to mine, and opened it with a sigh. I took my books out, and shoved my backpack in my locker, without a care. I pulled out my schedule, seeing that I have Study Hall first. Thank god. I shut my locker, and made my way to first period.

Once I got there, I plopped down in a seat far in the back, plugged in my earbuds, and put my music on shuffle. The song 'Icky Thump' by The White Stripes came on. Since we had no homework, I just took out my note pad and started writing whatever came to mind.

'I was as pure as a river,
And now I think I'm possessed.' I wrote down.

Then, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I took out one of my earbuds, and looked over, and saw a boy. He had bright red hair, and he was wearing a black leather jacket.

"Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice that you like The White Stripes?" He smiled at me, making me crack a small smile. I nodded.

"I'm Gerard." He said, sticking his hand out to shake. I smiled, and shook his hand.

"I'm Ashley." I said.

"Oh, hello Ashley." He greeted.

"So, you seem like a nice person. Wanna hang with my friends and I?" He asked.

"Sure," I shrugged.

"Hey guys! Come over here!" He called to the 4 sitting at the table. They all came over and sat with us.

"Ashley, that's Tyler," he said, pointing to the shy one with the red beanie who waved a little.

"That's my brother Mikey," he said, pointing to the one with glasses, who smiled at me.

"That's Josh," he said, pointing to the one with the pink hair and gauges, who also smiled at me.

"And that's my boyfriend, Frankie." he said, pointing to the one with jet black hair and tattoos, who waved and smiled. I waved back.

"Hey guys." I said nicely.

"So Ashley, tell us about yourself." Frankie smiled.