6: Death Valley (Pete's POV)

*play song! |-/*

I can't believe this happened to Ashley. She really didn't deserve what she got... I just wish I could have been there to help her...

We were sitting at the kitchen table, talking, while Ashley had an ice pack on her nose. I looked at her sadly, and sighed.

"Ashley, promise me that you won't go back to that place... I don't want you to get hurt..." I said, feeling tears in my eyes. She took the ice pack off of her eye, and scooted closer to me. She immediately hugged me tightly, and I did the same to her.

"I won't Pete, I promise you..." She said sadly. I rubbed her back.

"Do you want to do something to take your mind off of things?" I asked, as we both pulled away.

"I don't know, like what?" She asked. I thought for a minute.

"Maybe we could watch a movie in my room?" I requested. She smiled at me, making my heart skip a beat, once again.

"Sure," She said. We both went upstairs into my room, and I turned on the TV.

"What movie do you want to watch?" I asked. She shrugged. I looked through all the movies I had, until I found 'Titanic.' I think it's a good movie, so maybe Ashley will.

"Do you want to watch Titanic?" I asked. She nodded, and I put the movie in the DVD player. We both sat down on my bed, and I turned the lamp off, so it was dark. The movie started, and we just sat and watched. More towards the end, I looked over at Ashley, and she had tears streaming down her face. And that's when I realized, so did I.

What? It's a sad movie!

I wiped my eyes quickly, trying to hide my tears. After a few minutes, I noticed Ashley started to shiver.

"You cold?" I asked. She nodded. I took off my sweat shirt, and wrapped it around her.

"Pete, you don't have to do that. I don't want you to be cold." She said.

"No, it's okay I promise. I'm actually really warm." I assured her. She smiled at me.

"If you're warm, is it okay if I snuggle with you..? Cause I'm freezing..." She asked nervously. My heart sped up quickly, and I felt all the blood go to my cheeks. I smiled back at her.

"Okay..." I said, my stomach in knots. I sat up a little, so my back was slightly against the headboard, and Ashley snuggled into my chest. I wrapped an arm around her, and held her tight.

"Thank you for making me feel safe Pete." She said quietly. That warmed my heart, and I smiled.

"I'm always here, Ashley." I said, holding her tighter, as she buried her head further into my chest. Once the movie ended, Ashley sat up.

"Hey Pete? Can I get changed in here?" She asked.

"Sure," I said, sitting up. She rummaged through her backpack, and pulled out an oversized shirt, and shorts. I looked away, to give her some privacy. I waited a few minutes, until she said she was done. I turned back around, and she was dressed. But then, I noticed a big, white bandage wrapped around her arm, and multiple more scars on her legs. I felt my expression drop, and my eyes widened. She looked at me confused.

"What's the matter?" She asked. I stood up.

"Your leg... And why is there a bandage on your arm..?" I asked nervously. She looked at her arm, and her face went pale. She held her arm close to her chest, and backed away from me.

"Did you cut again?" I asked, my throat tightening. She looked down at her feet, and I walked to her. Once I reached her, I lifted her head up, making her look at me. She had tears in her eyes.

"Let me see." I said softly. She shook her head.

"Ashley please... You're one of my best friends, and I'm worried about you. Please, let me see." I said. A tear rolled down her cheek, and she reached for her bandage. She unwrapped it, and once she got it off, she held out her arm. I looked down, and her arm was covered in many red scars. My heart shattered, and I felt tears burn my eyes.

"I'm sorry..." Ashley said, starting to cry. I immediately pulled her into a bone crushing hug, and she cried into my chest. I held her tightly, and stroked her hair.

"Sshh," I cooed. Her crying calmed down after a little while, and we just stood there, hugging. I really wish Ashley didn't hurt herself like this... It physically hurts me to see her like this...

"Come on, let's just go to sleep." I said. She sniffed, and nodded into my chest. I laid down on my bed, and Ashley laid next to me, with her head on my chest once again. I hugged her tighter than before. I covered us with the comforter on my bed.

I heard Ashley's breaths even out, and I knew she was sleeping. I then yawned, and I started to feel tired myself. I lightly kissed Ashley's head, and with that, I drifted off to sleep, with only one thing on my mind.

I'm falling in love...
~~~~~~~~
I know it's short! But I still hope you enjoyed! Dedicated to ArianaStump 💜💜💜

~Bella😻