4: Young Volcanoes (Pete's POV)

*dont play song!!*

*the next day*

I was walking to school, blasting 'She's a Rebel' by Green Day. As I was walking, I noticed someone walking far ahead of me. When I got closer, I realized it was Ashley. I didn't know she lived so close.

"Ashley!" I called. She stopped, and looked back slightly. I caught up to her, and when I saw her, her hair was covering half her face. I looked at her confused.

"Ashley? What's up with your hair?" I asked. She was silent for a few moments.

"Nothing..." She said nervously. I gave her a concerned look, and put my hand on her shoulder. She flinched, and I quickly took my hand off.

"Sorry..." She said, relaxing.

"Ashley, what's behind your hair?" I asked. She shook her head. I stopped walking, making her do the same. I stood in front of her, so we were standing across from each other.

"Ashley, please. Let me see. It's really scaring me..." I said. She sighed, and brushed her hair out of her face. Once she did, it revealed a huge bruise around her eye. My eyes widened, and my jaw dropped.

"Oh my god, what happened to your eye??" I asked, with worry in my voice. She stayed silent.

"I ran into a door..." She said hesitantly. I could already tell she was lying, but I didn't want to pressure her into anything.

"Come on... We should get to school." I said, with my stomach in knots. She frowned, and brushed her hair back over her eye. We continued to walk to school, and we didn't say anything the whole way, but I kept giving Ashley nervous glances. Once we arrived, I had to go to ELA, and Ashley had to go to Music.

I eventually made it to class, thankfully on time, and I sat in my usual spot next to Patrick. I couldn't stop thinking about Ashley. I mean, she's clearly lying, but I can tell she's nervous. Something isn't right, and I'd like to know what it is...

"Pete? Are you alright?" Patrick asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. I looked at him.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I said. Patrick gave me a nervous look.

"Are you sure? You don't look okay..." He asked. I just nodded, and took out my notebook and pencil. Class flew by fast, and then came my next class.

Science.

Should I ask Ashley what really happened? Will she get mad at me? Will she not talk to me again? I really don't know...

I sped to class, and sat down at my table, and Ashley was already there. She still had her hair over her eye, and I felt really bad for her... Mr.Tribbiani was about to start class, until he looked at Ashley, and sighed.

"Ashley, please get your hair out of your face." He said. I looked at Ashley nervously, and a worried expression flooded her face. She didn't get her hair out of her face, and Mr.Tribbiani looked more annoyed.

"Ashley, hair out of your face, now." He said strictly. Everyone was looking at our table by this point. Ashley sighed, and brushed the hair out of her face, revealing her bruise. I looked at her sadly, and back at Mr.Tribbiani, who now had a slightly worried look on his face.

"Ashley, what happened to your face?" He asked.

"I just ran into a door last night, no big deal." She said, trying to act casual. We carried on with the class, and Ashley didn't make eye contact with me the whole time. When class ended, Ashley practically sprinted out of there. I sighed, and walked to my Spanish class.

(Time skip to lunch)

*play song now!!*

I anxiously sat at my table with the guys, waiting for Ashley. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and all 3 of the guys were looking at me worriedly.

"Okay Pete, you've been acting all weird today, so spill your guts." Andy said boldly. I felt my stomach do flips instantly. I tried to act as casual as possible.

"Look guys, it's nothing." I said. They all rolled their eyes, and sighed. And that, is when Ashley walked in, with her hair still covering her face.

"Hey Ashley, what's up with-" Joe was cut off.

"My hair?! I know! I just want it this way!" She snapped. All our eyes widened. She frowned, and sighed.

"I'm sorry guys. I mine as well show you since half of the school has seen it already..." She said sadly. She moved her hair from her eye, revealing her bruise once more. Once they saw, their expressions dropped. They all scooted closer.

"Ashley, what happened??" Patrick asked, in a worried tone. She frowned.

"I just ran into a door." She said, for the fifth time today. What really happened?? This grew me a little enraged. I clenched my fists, and my jaw.

"Ouch," Andy said. Are they believing her? A door couldn't leave a bruise like that. I stood up angrily, and stormed out of the cafeteria. I heard footsteps behind me, but I just kept speed walking. Then, I felt a hand on my shoulder, and I turned back, only seeing Ashley there.

"Pete, what was that about?" Ashley asked, sounding worried.

"Why aren't you telling me the truth?" I asked. Her expression dropped, and she hung her head low. She played with her thumbs, and didn't say a word. I frowned, and picked up her head, making her meet my gaze.

"Ashley, please just tell me. What happened to your eye?" I asked calmly. She sighed, and tears built up in her eyes.

"My Dad abuses me..." She said quietly, but loud enough for me to hear. I felt my heart break, and my expression dropped. She looked down, and didn't say a word.

"Ashley...your Dad does this..?" I asked in disbelief. She nodded, and tears slipped down her face.

"Why didn't you tell anybody?" I asked. I noticed she was starting to cry. I pulled her into a hug, and she cried silently into my chest. I held her close, and rubbed her back.

"Sshh, it's okay." I cooed softly. She sniffed, and her crying stopped after a little. She just laid on my chest, with my arms wrapped tightly around her.

"You know, if you ever need to crash someplace else, you can come to my house anytime you want..." I said. We pulled away, and her face was tear stained, and so was my shirt. She shook her head.

"No...I couldn't make you do that.." She said, wiping her eyes. I put both my hands on her shoulders.

"Hey, listen to me. I promise you can always come to me with a problem. I'll always help you out, alright?" I assured her. She looked at me for a moment, and hugged me tightly. I immediately hugged her back tightly.

"Thank you..." She whispered. I rested my head on hers, since she is a little shorter than me. When we pulled away, she smiled a little at me, and I smiled back.

"Wait, do you have a phone?" I asked her. She nodded, and pulled it out of her pocket. I took it from her, and typed my number in. I handed it back to her.

"There. Now you can text me whenever you just wanna talk, or something else, okay?" I said. She smiled, and nodded. And with that, we walked back to the lunchroom.
~~~~~~~~~~
Wow this was lame. 😐😂 I hope you enjoyed anyway! Dedicated to KittycatClements 😍😍

~Bella🌼