21: Golden (Pete's POV)

*dont play song!*

"She's in a coma." The doctor said sadly. Then, I watched my whole world come crashing down around me. I felt my knees buckle, and I would have face planted on the ground if Ryan and Patrick hadn't have caught me. I felt tears blur my vision, while processing what just happened. Ashley is in a fucking coma. Ryan and Patrick helped me to my feet, and the doctor was looking at me sympathetically.

"Her wounds will heal over time, but she won't be awake. I'm sorry." He said sadly.

"C-Can we see her...?" I stuttered. The doctor nodded.

"Why don't you go see her first?" Patrick suggested.

"You are her boyfriend after all." Ryan said. I nodded, and they let me go to her room. The doctor showed me to her room and left. I shakily open Ashley's door, and walked in, only to see her unconscious in bed. She had cuts, bruises, and bandages all over including a big one wrapped around her head, a cast on her arm, an oxygen mask on her face, and she was hooked up to a heart rate monitor. I felt tears go down my face at the sight of her. I walked in and shut the door behind me. I slowly walked to her bed, and dropped to my knees. I took her hand, and cried hard into it.

"Ashley...I-I'm sorry..." I choked out. Who knows when she'll wake up... or even if she'll wake up! I calmed my crying down, and looked up at her, with tears running down my cheeks.

"I should have gone... this should have been me... I'm sorry..." I sniffed, holding her hand tightly. I got up off of my knees, and stood up. I leaned down, and kissed her head lightly. I then sat next to her unconscious body, and held her cold, limp hand in mine. I decided to sing to her. I started to sing any lyrics that came to my mind.

*play song!*

'You were dancing in your tube socks,
In our hotel room,
Flashing those eyes like highway signs.
Light one up and hand it over,
Rest your head upon my shoulder.
I just wanna feel your lips against my skin...

White sheets, bright lights,
Crooked teeth, and the night life.
You told me this is right where it begins...
But your lips hang heavy underneath me,
And I promised myself
I wouldn't let you complete me...

I'm trying not to let it show,
That I don't want to let this go,
Is there somewhere you can meet me?
'Cause I clutched your arms,
Like stairway railings,
And you clutched my brain
And eased my ailing...

You're writing lines about me,
Romantic poetry.
Your girl's got red in her cheeks,
Cause we're something she can't see.
And I try to refrain,
But you're stuck in my brain.
And all I do is cry and complain
Because second's not the same.

I'm sorry but I fell in love tonight...
I didn't mean to fall in love tonight...
You're looking like you fell in love tonight...
Could we pretend that we're in love?

I'm sorry but I fell in love tonight...
I didn't mean to fall in love tonight...
You're looking like you fell in love tonight...
Could we pretend that we're in love...?' I sang softly.

By the time I finished, I had tears going down my face. I looked down at Ashley, and kissed her head, and rested my head on hers.

"I love you..." I whispered, tears going down my face. I can't bare to find out what happens if she stays like this... Who knows?? They could pull the plug on her, she could wake up, and not remember a thing, she could miss our first official holiday together since Christmas is in a few weeks... I turned to face her, even though she wasn't awake, and held her hand close to my chest.

"Ashley, I know that you've been through so much. Too much. And I know that your body is weak, no matter how happy or energetic you are, I know when something is wrong or off. But... it's really bad this time. Worse than it was the last few times. And I just wanted to let you know... it's your choice. If you want to wake up, or not. If you choose to go...I can't really stop you, but god, I wish I could... But, you've fought harder than anyone. Either way, I'll always love you, I always have, and I'll never let you go. Ever. I promise. And if you go, I promise I'll fight my hardest for myself, and for you. I'll try and avoid cutting, or suicide. I'll do it all for you. Dead or alive. I love you Ashley..." I said, almost breaking down. I kissed her head once more, and rested my forehead against hers. Then, I heard a door click. I turned around, and saw Patrick and Ryan standing there sadly.

"I'm sorry Pete..." Ryan said sadly. I frowned.

"They said that we have to leave." Patrick sighed.

"But I don't wanna leave her..." I said, my voice cracking, while I clutched her hand tighter.

"Pete they said we could visit tomorrow." Ryan assured me. I shook my head.

"No...p-please don't make me leave her..." I whimpered, almost full on crying. Ryan and Patrick looked at each other sadly, and sighed.

"I'll be right back." Ryan said, walking out, leaving Patrick in the room with me. He walked to me, and put a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm really sorry Pete. I wish this didn't happen. I called everyone back at the house, and your parents are at home. They're all really, really sorry..." Patrick said. I kept my eyes on Ashley.

"Thanks..." I mumbled weakly. Then, the door opened. We both looked over, and Ryan walked back in.

"They'll let you stay. And I told them to let your parents here, and they said they'll make an exception since your the closest family she has." Ryan said. Thank god for Ryan Ross. I stood from the bed, and walked to him. Once I reached him, I hugged him tightly. After a few seconds he hugged me back, and rubbed my back.

"Thank you..." I whispered. I could feel him smile. He patted my back.

"You're welcome." He said. Then, the doctor poked his head through the door.

"Mr.Stump? Mr.Ross? I'm afraid you two must leave. Pete, your parents are on their way." He said. Ryan and Patrick nodded.

"Are you gonna be okay?" Ryan asked worriedly. I just nodded, and everyone left the room, leaving Ashley and I. I just stood there and stared at her. I feel numb. I feel dizzy. I feel weightless. I ran a hand through my hair, and sighed deeply. I sat on the chair at the end of the bed, and rested my head against the wall, a tear going down my face. Then, once again, the door opened. Then, I heard a flat beep. I shot my head from the wall, only to see Ashley's heart rate monitor going flat. No... please not now... I shot up from my chair, and sprinted to get a doctor.

"Help!! Someone help!" I cried. Then, a bunch of nurses and the doctor came running. They ran in, and brought me to the waiting room. Not to mention I'm sobbing. They left me there, and I sat down. After a few minutes, my parents came running in, looking panicked. I stood up, and ran to them. My mom engulfed me in a hug, and I cried into her shoulder, as my Dad was talking to the lady at the front desk. My mom stroked my hair, trying to calm me down.

"Pete, baby, sshh... She's gonna be okay." My mom cooed. Honestly...I'm having trouble believing that...
~~~~~~~~~
Sadness. Perfect, right? Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this! I'll update soon! Thanks! Dedicated to Jolie_Summers 😜😜

~Bella🎭