8: America's Suitehearts (Pete's POV)

*don't play song!*

*2 weeks later*

I am freaking the fuck out!

The dance is tonight! Tonight! And I'm a nervous wreck... I'm going with Ashley, Patrick is going with his girlfriend Elisa, Joe is going with his girlfriend Mary, and Andy is going with some girl named Kate.

I am currently in my bedroom with my Dad, who's helping me get ready, and my Mom is helping Ashley get ready in my parents room, and my brother and sister are at their friends house. Ashley's bruises luckily faded over the last few weeks. My Dad helped me straighten my jacket on my suit, and for once in my life, I combed my hair back with gel. I haven't seen Ashley's dress, but I'm more than positive she will look beautiful.

"Well? How do I look?" I asked my Dad.

"Like a handsome young man," My Dad said, smiling. I smiled back at him.

"I remember when your Mom and I went to our first dance," He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Dad, I've heard this story again and again." I said. He sighed.

"Yeah, you're right. Just go have a fun time with Ashley." He said, putting his hand on my shoulder. I smiled, and nodded at him. We both walked downstairs, and I nervously waited in the living room by the stairs. I was pacing back and forth, until my Dad tapped me on the shoulder. I turned, and he had a bouquet of flowers.

"Give these to her," He said, handing me the flowers. I took them, and that's when I heard the door open upstairs. My Mom walked downstairs, and smiled at me.

"Oh, look at my handsome boy." My Mom said, adjusting my tie.

"Mom," I whined. She chuckled.

"Okay, I'm sorry." She said, throwing her hands up in defense. Then, I heard footsteps upstairs. I looked up, and Ashley was walking down the stairs. Once I saw her, my breath was taken away instantly, and my heart stopped. She looks stunning... She's wearing a knee length Aqua dress, with lace at the top, her hair is curled and braided, and she's wearing silver heels. She walked to me nervously.

"Wow..." I said, looking at her. She chuckled. My parents left the room to give us privacy.

"You look...Amazing..." I said, out of breath. She smiled wide at me.

"Thank you. You don't look too bad yourself," She said. I felt myself blush deeply.

"Here.." I said nervously, handing her the flowers. She smiled, and took them from me. Then, there was a knock at the front door. I opened it, revealing all of our friends with their dates, dressed up nicely.

"Guys, come on! We have to get a good parking spot," Patrick said. I rolled my eyes, and we were all out the door. We all managed to fit into Patrick's truck, and we drove off. Once we made it to the school, we all got out, and I helped Ashley out. She decided to leave her flowers in the car.

"Ready?" I asked, offering my arm to Ashley. She smiled, and nodded, as she took my arm. We walked inside into the big gym, where everyone was. There was music playing, lights, and lots of people. Then, 'Mr.Night' by Kenny Loggins came on. Ashley jumped in excitement.

"I love this song! Come dance with me!" She said happily, pulling me onto the dance floor.

"Ashley, I have clue how to dance..." I said nervously. She smiled at me.

"Pete, everyone knows how to dance! They just don't know it. Here, follow my lead," She said, taking her hands in mine. We started to dance along to the beat, and I have to admit, Ashley can dance. As we were dancing, Ashley gave me an impressed look.