Chapter 17

Hermione POV

"What good is a victory over the dark arts if this generation is breed to be violent?" Harry explained. "I don't know If they're breed that way, though. Could just be how they are being taught Defense at school." I playfully argued, enjoying the last of my wine.

"True, but do you see now why I feel we need you? "

"Yeah, I see your point, and I've already said I would, you know." I roll my eyes at the boastful smile that spread across his face.

"And you've more than impressed those dunderheads today, they were all starry-eyed, as you ripped through the course. I'm glad they made the trainees show up today, think it did them some good."

"Will you please stop making me feel self-conscious, already! It was enough, that we were in front of the camera all day. " I groaned, making him smile as he gets up to go to the kitchen to grab us some pretzels and more wine.

"Those trainees are a mess though. They're all over the place, and they're always tired!" He explained, on his return from the kitchen. He laughs, recalling something, "oooeee and they tend to aim at the worst places, like one of the best trainees in this years class, Jacob Adderly, he's always aiming spells at peoples heads."

"Their heads!" I squealed with amusement and slight panic, "That's really bad, someone could end up blind before they even enter the field."

"Exactly! Although, he may be one of our most promising and more knowledgeable trainees, he's aim is still a bit off, so he mostly scrapes their earlobes or scares their cheeks. He did take off a girls ponytail on his first day, boy was that a disaster!" Harry billowed, his laughter filling the room.

"He did not!" I says,shocked at the ridiculousness of it all. Harry just nods his head as he laughs at the memory.

"That girl was livid, even went to Blunt for some counseling. It did result into all the trainees coming back the next day with their hair cut short, nobody wanted to risk it." We both just laughed as Harry continues to elaborate on that day.

"As much of a mess my hair is, I think I'd like to keep it." I chuckled.

"Well hair is one thing, but let me tell you what happens the last week before classes were put on hold. One of my favourite trainees, Janey Willows, I know I'm not suppose to have favourites but she works hard and she's focused. Anyway, she does well and is one of the few that doesn't lead with the most vicious attacks,until she's warm you up to it. However, the girl can be cruel with where she aims. She nearly castrated a guy the other day, hitting him with a stunner in his pelvic area."

"Ouch!"

"Ouch indeed, there was blood every where. The medi-wizard had to sedate him just so he'll stop screaming. I mean, who does that? "

"Did they manage to save him from an early castration?"

"Well, yes of course, but it was still wildly traumatic. He's 18, he could've lost his ability to have kids one day. Most of the class was shaken up, had to send them all home for the day. "

"I can only imagine. They must've been glad it wasn't one of them."

"Never mind them, I duel with these trainees from time to time." He says with a look of horror on his face that made me want to laugh. I imagine he was rather grateful he got to go home with his member intact, that day as well.

"And this girl is supposedly one of your favorites?" I say not able to hold back the giggles now. "What are you laughing at? You think the idea of me loosing my penis to a duel with a trainee, is amusing? I'm the last Potter in my family line, that's a lot of pressure on my little swimmers. Can't have them blown off just yet." Now we're both laughing again, maybe its the wine combined with the exhaustion of the day but everything is starting to sound funny to me.