chapter 6

Harry POV
I woke up the next morning with a slight hangover, not enough for it to ruin my morning but enough to notice that it is there. I suppose Hermione won't be as lucky as I am given the way she looked when we got home, so I decided to apperate over to her apartment for some hangover potion and a change of clothes for her.

She would have done the same for me, had actually done so in the past, but it was kind of weird going through her closet like that. I know she wouldn't be too mad given we're best friends but still a women's closet or bag for that matter is always dark territory.

I got what I needed and left. When I got back to Grimmauld Place, Kreature was done with breakfast and I sat down to eat and read the Daily Prophet, not that I care much for the things they come up with as news these days, but its always funny to see what they come up with. This morning there was a cover story about the Blackfort boy, being reunited with some of his family members.

Even though the case isn't completely closed I'm glad it's moving in a positive direction. There were also a story on our little outing last night, general nonsense about me being out while Ginny is out of town. Pictures of a very drunk Malfoy and his wife leaving the club, and of course a bit about Blaise leaving with two unknown female and me leaving with Hermione. Why is this even news?

Just then I hear Hermione coming into the room, she looks terrible. "Morning sunshine" I say to her and watch her face shrivel up like a prune "ssshhh...not so loud. I feel like my head's about to burst"she sits down at the table next to me and just let her head drop on the cool tabletop, a slight smile forming on her face.

"I figured you'd be in a bad state this morning, so I got you some hangover potion, from your flat, I hope you don't mind." I say, handing her the glass with potion inside. She looks at me gratefully and drinks it all like her life depends on it. I watch in silence as the potion starts to take effect. "Oh you sweet, sweet man. Thank you so much."

I just smile at her, "Its my pleasure. Have some breakfast," she start filling her plate with toast and some eggs. "I don't even understand how I got to be so drunk in the first place, I hardly had more than 3 glasses of wine" she says while buttering her toast. "I also didn't understand that. But you weren't the only one, Malfoy was pretty out of it as well. Did you guys have pre-drinks back at the lab after work" I say jokingly.

" First of all, I'm not that kind of girl, secondly food and drink are not allowed in the lab, and lastly, I was with you and Ron after work, don't you remember?" I knew she'd say something like that, but it was weird that the two of them were so drunk last night, when he rest of us, were not even close as bad as they were. "Do you think someone might've thrown something in your drinks?", "I don't know, although, why would anyone want just Draco and I drunk? But it does sound a bit fishy."

We eat our breakfast and laughed at the story of our wild night in the Daily Prophet, and afterwards Mionie and Kreature fought about her wanting to do the dishes.

"So I should probably be off, I still need to get ready for Fleur's baby shower, and I still need to go get something for the baby as well", "well I also got you a change of clothes when I was at your apartment this morning, again hope you don't mind. I just figured you'd get up late and won't have time to go back and make it in time for the shower all before 2."

I got the words out as fast as I could, and awkwardly stare at my feet. " uhm..you really didn't have to go through all that trouble, but thanks. Can I see these clothes you got me" she says, sounding very amused. Good she's not mad, yet.

I go to the living room to get the bag of clothes and hand it to her. She thanks me again and looks through the bag. I can see the wheels turning in her head as she examines the content, "Oh!" She suddenly says a smirk now forming in her face. What is it? She takes out the light blue undergarments I also brought, I didnt want to spend too much time in her underwear draw, so I just took the first thing I saw that matched."Well, this is interesting.", "I'm sorry Hermione, I just took the first thing I saw that matched." I say, now feeling my face heating up. This was a stupid idea.

"Harry its ok, don't freak out. While it is a bit awkward knowing you went through my draws I know you meant well, and I'm grateful. Its just, these" and she made sure to lay emphasis on the word as she holds it up, " are not really everyday wear, you know" she says now putting it back in the bag. Can this moment be any more awkward?

"I don't actually. Should I not have brought that?", "No its ok, they'll do just fine, thank you. Im just gonna go take a shower and get dressed. You really are a very considerate guy." Glad that's over. I wonder what she meant though, not everyday wear, women are so weird.

I also went for a shower and got dressed. Although I couldn't stop thinking about Hermione. Imaging her in those light blue undergarment, it really goes well with her skin tone. I wonder why she doesn't wear them often. I mean it would be quit a sight to see...no Harry, she's your friend, you can't be thinking about her in that way, ever. Also you have a beautiful, sexy girlfriend, that loves you, who you love.

" I think I'll just go down to muggle London and get the baby a baby book, or something personal like that" I hear Hermione say as she enters the kitchen where I was sitting after I got dressed. She looks nice even though its just jeans and a wool sweater. 'You didn't pick out too bad of an outfit Potter.' I think to myself. My mind also goes back to the fact that she's probably wearing the light blue underwear right now. I feel my body heat up again and a familiar hardness begin to form in my pants, Stop it Harry!

" What's wrong with you?" She asks getting me out of my own head. " Nothing." I say, trying to sound as calm as possible 'Mountain trolls, Uncle Vernon, ...blastended skrewts...' I shake my head "Do you want me to come with you?" That sounded better. "I'm meeting Ron later, we're watching the twins while Daphne is at the baby shower, but I'm free till then."

She smiles at me, "Do you think that's a good idea, given what the paper wrote about us this morning, being seen together in a maternity shop?", "Well would it be the worst thing to be rumered to be having a baby with me?" I ask, trying to keep the mood as light as possible.

" Do you even have to ask? I can just see the headline, Chosen one, seduced by his best friend into having a baby. Or Hermione Granger, Homewrecker. Is she pregnant with the chosen ones baby?" I just laugh at her, it sounds ridiculous but I get her point. The tabloids have never been kind to Hermione, Merlin only knows why. " Its fine then. Just thought you'd like some company.", "I'm meeting up with Luna in about," she checks the time," 20 minutes, so I won't be all alone. I do however have to get a move on, I don't wane make her wait. Thanks again for taking such good care of me, Harry. You're the best." She gives me a warm hug. " Its nothing, its been nice to be the one looking after you for a change" she laughs.

"Hermione, before you go, what did you mean before about the 'not everyday wear', I'm sorry to bring it up again but it kind of bothered me.", she gives a snort and then replies"Its the kind of thing a woman wears on a special occasion, when she knows its gonna be seen...?" I look at her, still a bit confused, when would you want someone to see your underwear...unless? "Oh, I see. Uhm ok, didn't know why I didn't get it before. Sorry"

I felt my face go red again. She laughs and said it was alright. After that we say our goodbyes and then she apperated away. Leaving me with new fantasies of my best friend in situations where she's showing of her underwear. Dammit, why did I have to have asked that question? I need some fresh air. I decide to go for a run in the country side to get my mind off these inappropriate thoughts.