Chapter 14

Hermione POV

Harry didn't say what time he'll be here but I figured he must still be busy at the office. Its pass 8 already, might as well eat so long, he can warm up a plate for himself when he gets here.
Just as I head to the lounge to enjoy my pasta in front of the telly I hear the 'pop' of apparition, "Hermione, I'm sorry I'm late. Hope I didn't inconvenience you too much." I hear Harry's voice call. " Hey." I say as he enters the room. "Hey, yourself. I know you mad and I brought wine. And chocolates." He says looking at me like a lost puppy. I notice his in workout clothes, "What's with the outfit?" I ask. "That's why I'm late, had a training session with the recruits and we ran over. But I came straight here."

"So you had the wine and chocolates at work?"

"No send for them. Kreature, you know." He says with that crooked grin he does sometimes. "What I really just want to know is, may I use your shower. I came straight here and I don't wanna spend the night in your company smelling like a trash bag from Knockturn Ally."

I had to smile at that one. "Just go use the shower, and don't make a mess in my bathroom." I say taking a bite of my pasta. "Thank you, Hermione. I'd hug you but you know...don't want to ruin your dinner. I'll be right back okay"

He left down the hall to go freshen up and I got up to put the wine in the fridge so long. He seems in a rather good mood for someone who supposedly fought and broke up with his girlfriend. Maybe Ron was just exaggerating.

I head back to the lounge and enjoy the rest of my meal. There's nothing interesting on the telly, so I just switched to a music channel and eat while I waited for him. After 10minutes, I hear the bathroom door.

"Wow, that feels much better. Thanks a lot." He says as he joins me on the couch. "The pasta is on the counter in the kitchen, if your hungry." , "You're gonna let me eat alone?"he says, pointing to my empty plate. "Well I was hungry, and as I recall, you were late Potter." I say, getting up to take my plate to the kitchen. He follows me, and dishes himself a plate of pasta. "Do you want some salad?"I ask and he nods. I hands him the bowl and takes out the wine from the fridge.

As he starts eating at the kitchen counter I decides to get to the point. "So someone was quite this weekend." I start. He swallows the bite of food in his mouth, "I had to see Ginny. Things had been a bit odd between us, so I went to go figure out why."

"And did you?" I say, taking a sip of my glass of wine.

"Uhm...not really. But we did, kinda... Sort of...broke up"

"How do one, kinda sort of break up?"

He sighs, looking at his half eaten plate if food. "Well we had a fight, cause I found Oliver in her room when I got there Friday night. But it was late so we took a break and went to bed. Then we fought further the next night, because she didn't want to be honest with me, so I walked out."

"And then?"

"And then, nothing. Like I said, I walked out. Can we finish this conversation after I've eaten please." He asks, not really waiting for a reply, but tucked into the rest of his meal. I quietly sipped my wine, and started on cleaning my kitchen. The music from the telly was still playing a soulful, sad kinda song.
.
.
.
.
.
How many times
Are you gonna wrong apologize about the same thing
And how many times can I take you back
When I'm not the one that's doing' wrong
(When I'm not the one that's doing' wrong, yeah)
I thought maybe if I started praying'
That we would get better, but
When I would pray the answer would always come back to me being' done
But we are so hard headed when we're in love
So I