Chapter 16

Harry POV

The week had gone by in a blur. Between working cases, filling reports, getting the trainees ready for the demonstration next week and of course preparing for physicals this weekend, its been a full week.  The good thing about being so busy is that I'd hardly had any time to think about my recent break up or non breakup with Ginny. That was until I was asked if a partner or spouse will be attending the demonstration next weekend, so they can reserve a seat for her.

Not knowing what to say,I just took the invitation to get out of that situation, but now I actually have to send it out or say no, which would lead to rumours of why I won't be bringing anybody. I could ask her, just for appearance sake, I mean she loves this kind of thing. Prancing around as Harry Potter's VIP guest, ever being the celebrity.

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but I don't know if I'm ready to talk to her, just yet. Ron, to my surprise said I shouldn't invite his sister, but I suppose it could have something to do with the fact that Daphne's cousin, from Australia, will be here for the weekend and he wants me to be her date. That scenario I don't really care for either, since the last time Carol-Anne was here, she was snogging, half the people in our little friends circle, including two of the girls, and offering to give Malfoy an heir, if Story doesn't want to.

Maybe I could just say Ginny is busy and can't make it, that could work, right? Well its just gonna have to.

I'm just so tired though, the trainees had their physicals today and we had to monitor them while they did the course. While most of them did really well, Johnson had a little accident during the agility challenge and ran full on into a concrete bench. We had to levitate him out of the arena.

Tomorrow it would be our turn to take the course, I do hope there's no little accidents like that during our run, especially since the arena will be packed with spectators and photographers, all part of the ministry's plan to show the aurror division as a well oiled machine.

"Aren't you going home today, mate" Ron's voice calls from the door. "Yeah, I'm just about done. I just have to send in my reply to the Sports and Events department, about next week, and then I can go." I say, picking up my stuff and closing my office.

"You decided on your date situation yet?" Asks Ron. "Yes I have, I'm saying I asked Gin but she can't make it."

"So I can tell Daph, Carol-Anne can be your date?", "No Ron! How would that look, my girlfriend can't make it, but hey, I'll show up with some other girl. Who is most likely gonna try to snog me." I say as we move to the lifts. "Aaahh, you know Carol's just friendly. All that, Southern hospitality and stuff."  He says

"I think that only goes for the American south, mate"

"Nah, I think its all of the southern hemisphere. Don't you remember that mission we did last year, in South African? People were smiling and surfing and calling me 'China' and 'bro' . I think its all that sunshine. Speaking of sunshine, do you remember that wizarding village where the birds all walked around topless!"

"Sure I do, mate. I also remember that king hexing your ass, for oggling he's wife and daughters." I say laughing at the memory of Ron not being able to sit due to the stinging jinx that was shot at his butt.

"Yeah, well I wasn't the only bloke doing that." He replies.

"You were the only one saying, their boobs looked like chocolate frogs and they make you want to bit the heads off." At this we both start laughing. "Well they were. Have you ever seen skin looking that yummy. Like its all one colour, no tan lines, no blemishes, just perfectly chocolate brown. And firm."
I could not even reply to that last comment, however now that I think about it, he had a point.